[SOLVED] RaiderZ, how do I hook the game not the launcher?

• strelokgunslinger
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by strelokgunslinger RaiderZ, how do I hook the game not the launcher? was created by strelokgunslinger
Essentially reshade hooks onto launcher EXE and not the game itself

Game is DX10/11 @ x86, setup reshade, game shows hook intro dialog when opening launcher -- then launch game and there is nothing

Two exes
Raiderz Launcher.exe
Raiderz.exe

Is there a way to delay the hook for the second EXE?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic RaiderZ, how do I hook the game not the launcher?
ReShade should hook both as long as both load it. It may fail to write that to the log because the launcher opened the log file first and is now blocking access from the game executable. Do other injectors (i.e. InjectSMAA) work? MMORPGs tend to have heavy protections again those.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• JPulowski
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by JPulowski Replied by JPulowski on topic RaiderZ, how do I hook the game not the launcher?
You might want to give ENB injector a try. I already explained how here . Just make sure dll's name stays the same as the original (ReShade32.dll). Otherwise it will load automatically every time, regardless of if the injector is working or not.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic RaiderZ, how do I hook the game not the launcher?
Tried myself and the problem is that the game isn't actually using D3D11, it's using D3D9, which is why the game never loads "dxgi.dll" (the launcher does, but for different reasons). Rename ReShade to "d3d9.dll" and you are good to go =)
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: strelokgunslinger

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.