Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?

• Eikee
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by Eikee Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated? was created by Eikee
I (and a lot of other simmers) am trying to run Reshade on Sims 3, but when I try to load the game nothing happens and it gets stuck under background processes only using 10MB of RAM. This is only an issue for Laptop players, Desktop players have Reshade running perfectly.
HOWEVER, it works fine if I tell Sims to run on my integrated graphics? In addition, it works fine with the SweetFx d3d9.dll and with the ENB injector d3d9.dll.
So far I have figured out that the d3d9.dll is stopping our games from running.

Things I have tried:
1. Renaming d3d9.dll to ReShade32.dll (game opens, but no reshade), also renaming to dxgi.dll doesn't let the game open either
2. Installing the End User Runtimes (June 2010), makes no difference
3. Updating Win 10 (I had none)
4. Updating Nvidia Drivers (didn't do anything)
5. Running reshade on other 32bit programs on the dedicated card, this works however they use dxd11
6. Using the first ever Reshade version, the game actually loads but only on half the screen, the other half is black

My Specs:
Laptop
GTX 960M
Win 10 (clean install, not upgrade)
No 3rd party overlays

Does anyone know how to get it to work? :) I and the rest of the simming community would be very grateful for any help!
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Eikee.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mimisapje
More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by mimisapje Replied by mimisapje on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. Recently I've been trying to install the Reshade to make it work on my sims 3 game, but nothing happens. When I look in the taskmanager, I can see it running in the background with a ram usage between 10 - 15 MB.
The generic ENB's and Sweet Fx works, just not the Reshade.

I already searched through the forums for a solution but the ones I've tried had no success.
- Install the Direct X end user runtimes
- Update drivers
- Updating my win10
- Editing my registers for dll's
- Disabling every setting in my Nvidia configuration that could conflict
- Start game in compatibility mode

So far it's only the games that uses the d3d9.dll don't seem to work, my other games run perfectly.
The only thing I could do, is make ts3 run on my integrated card, but that makes my fans go in overdrive and the games lags so much, the game becomes unplayable.

I tried to compare the dll from Sweet fx with reshade, but I can't decompile them in Visual Studio. If somebody would have the source code from that dll, that would be extremely helpful.

Also my specs are:
Win 10
Nvidia GeForce GT 740M (dedicated)
Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000 (integrated)
8GB ram
Intel i7 @2,40GHz

• skysim
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by skysim Replied by skysim on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
I'd like to add to this topic because I'm having the same issue. I've tried the same things as the other users with the no luck. When I try to open Sims 3, reshade just runs in the background and the game won't open (but if I try to close origin, it gives me a notice that Sims 3 is running). I didn't even bother trying to run the program with my integrated graphics card because I have my game running on very high settings that I know could damage the laptop if I tried. I'm very disappointed because I love the look of the reshade effects and as very excited to have them in my game.

My specs are:
Win 10
Nvidia GTX 950M
Intel i5
8 GB RAM

I hope that we can find a solution soon, or that the creators can update the program to accommodate Sims 3 users.

• Midnia
More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by Midnia Replied by Midnia on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
Hi. I really don't have anything new to add since I have been experiencing the same things that have already been mentioned and have tried all the troubleshooting suggested (found here and on other sites). I did want to post here though so that it was known others have this issue. If a solution can be found, that would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thank you!

My spec (if they make a difference):
Win10
Nvidia GTX 970M
Intel i7
16GB RAM

• Eikee
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #5 by Eikee Replied by Eikee on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
Is this problem fixable? I would really like to know if it will ever be possible to use Reshade for Direct X9 games on the laptop :) As it seems to work with Direct X11 I am hoping this can be fixed easily :D

• Cloudberry
More
7 years 8 months ago #6 by Cloudberry Replied by Cloudberry on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
Having precisely the same problem as the rest of the people in this thread. Same specs as the first poster as well. Any word on this? Because I think I've tried everything now. I just want my game to look pretty. :(

• Eikee
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #7 by Eikee Replied by Eikee on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
Hoping at some point someone may actually answer this post!

• androgyny
More
7 years 8 months ago #8 by androgyny Replied by androgyny on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
shameless bump

• mimisapje
More
7 years 7 months ago #9 by mimisapje Replied by mimisapje on topic Reshade only works with Integrated, not Dedicated?
If you install the newest version, Reshade 3.0, this issue seems to be fixed.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.