FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen

• Deserts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #1 by Deserts FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen was created by Deserts
First thanks for this amazing tool. I've seen a lot of videos using the Sweetfx, and it looks absolute amazing.

But sadly after I tried it myself, it doesn't work. Every time I enter the FSX steam version under Windows 10, the welcome window shows as normal. I can also see the ReShade information on the corner of my "preview" window under "free flight".

When I click the Fly Now button, the window goes off and the game stops responding.

I've tried this for days without luck. Finally I figured out what i did that causes the problem. I guess this happened because the switching of game windows, or the fullscreen mode.

I've fully closed steam overlay, and no recording software in the background only Nvidia Experience.

Here is my dxgi.log . Again, Thanks a lot!!!
Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Deserts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen
Try replacing the ReShade 1.1 binary (installed as dxgi.dll) with the one from 2.0.

EDIT: I updated the SweetFX package to use ReShade 2.0.3 instead of the outdated 1.1: reshade.me/sweetfx
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deserts

• Deserts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #3 by Deserts Replied by Deserts on topic FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen
Thanks for your help.

I've tried, but sadly still no luck :(

Here is the log file:

I've also tried to copy the ReShade32.dll (from 2.0.3) into SweetFx install folder and replace. Installed and still not working. :(
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by Deserts.

• crosire
More
7 years 8 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen
Is the game running in Dx9 or Dx10 mode? If the latter, try the former.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Deserts

• Deserts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #5 by Deserts Replied by Deserts on topic FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen
Thanks for your help.

Unfortunately, still not working, only this time it froze at very beginning.

tried:
1. choose FSX setting to DX9, then reinstalled SweetFx with ReShade 1.1.0 using DX9 Mode. no luck
2. Replaced d3d9.dll with the one from 2.0.3, still no luck

here is the log file:

• Deserts
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #6 by Deserts Replied by Deserts on topic FSX stoped responding when entering fullscreen
After several attempts, I guess the problem is about fullscreen or overlays.

I tried once without opening the free flight menu ( so that there is no little "preview" window) and directly went into the gameplay in window mode, it opened normally with ReShade Information on the corner. But when i opened up the Knee board in game, the information went into the knee board window, then i clicked the gameplay it froze.

So I guess the problem only shows if I start or switch to an other game window. I hope this can help. :P

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.