[SOLVED] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #1 by MonarchX Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f was created by MonarchX
ReShade 2.0.3 just doesn't work with this game. I tried renaming ReShade64.dll to DXGI, D3D9, etc. - no go... However, ReShade 1.2.0 does work... Any ideas why and how to get ReShade 2.0.3 to work?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by MonarchX.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JBeckman
More
7 years 9 months ago #2 by JBeckman Replied by JBeckman on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
Should be using DirectX 11 (Until the first post-release patch sometime in a week or two which will add DX12 support.) and I'd imagine the game is 64-bit so ReShade64.dll renamed as either D3D11.dll or DXGI.dll should work unless there's a conflict with some other software (e.g the Steam overlay.) or at worst the copy protection used or any custom code protection prohibits unknown injections like what ReShade is attempting when hooking into the game.

It'll be a while yet before I can test it myself but that's my guesses for what might be wrong until then.

• MonarchX
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #3 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
Damn, why is it DXGI doesn't work but D3D11 works? What determines that anyway? DXGI = D3D11, isn't it???

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
Absoluty not. Those are two different components. DXGI is responsible for window management and presentation, whereas D3D11 is responsible for rendering. They are dependent on each other, but are separate. DXGI is used for all Direct3D versions starting with 10. In contrast, Direct3D 9 had the presentation system built-in.
Depending on which of the two DLLs is loaded earlier, ReShade works better renamed to one instead of the other.

• lowenz
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
For me is working but SMAA NOT with 3.0 beta.
WTF.

With 2.0 is working but the performance is terrible.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by lowenz.

• lowenz
More
7 years 9 months ago #6 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
But here's the strange thing, with NO effects: and "d3d11"

ReShade 2:
[img

Reshade 3 beta:
[img

• crosire
More
7 years 9 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
What's strange about it? There were a lot of improvements to the general performance of ReShade in 3.0, so this is to be expected.

• lowenz
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #8 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f

crosire wrote: What's strange about it? There were a lot of improvements to the general performance of ReShade in 3.0, so this is to be expected.

WOW! Nice performance improvements!

But why SMAA is not working and other shaders work with ReShade 3.0 in DXMD? (Lumasharpen works, MXAO works.....)
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by lowenz.

• lowenz
More
7 years 9 months ago #9 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - not working with 2.0.3f
Got it working (missing files :p)

[img

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.