Reshade Directx selection not available

• Squickly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #1 by Squickly Reshade Directx selection not available was created by Squickly
So, when I start Reshade app I can't select DX11, or any other dx at that matter, so it's only autodetect, which always choses dx9, and I want dx11, as my World of Warcraft is DX11 and GPU aswell. Does anyone knows why I can't select DX11? And renaming d3d9.dll to d3d11.dll doesn't work. It just kicks me out of the game at launch. But after I install DirectX 9.0c it works. Any explanations? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade Directx selection not available

Squickly wrote: But after I install DirectX 9.0c it works. Any explanations? Thanks.

ReShade requires the June 2010 DirectX runtime (for the D3DCompiler component), which is not part of Windows 10 by default, but the DirectX 9.0c setup likely installs it. So that's why it won't work before, has nothing to do with DirectX 9 itself.

Newer versions of the setup tool let you choose a different API once the game was analysed. You seem to have an old version. But it doesn't matter, just rename the DLL to "dxgi.dll" and things work. The setup tool does nothing else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squickly

• Squickly
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #3 by Squickly Replied by Squickly on topic Reshade Directx selection not available
Yeh, I'm using old version. Tried this 2.0 but I'm confused with Mediator app. And this is what I get when I choose the game with reshade old version, this is what I get inside wow folder.

• crosire
More
7 years 7 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade Directx selection not available
So? What's the problem? As said, rename d3d9.dll to dxgi.dll ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Squickly

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.