[SOLVED] 3.0 beta 8 instant crash with X-Plane 10.5

• cadmus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by cadmus 3.0 beta 8 instant crash with X-Plane 10.5 was created by cadmus
Hello,

I'm a new user to Reshade, and have been using 3.0 beta 7 without issue for X-Plane 10.5. Yesterday when I installed 3.0 beta 8, the game instantly crashes on startup. I've removed the beta 7 folders, installed beta 8, and it just keeps crashing. I would appreciate it if someone could look at my included OPENGL32.log output to hopefully find a clue as to what might be causing the crash.

Running Windows 10 with 16GB RAM and GTX 1080 video card. Thank you!
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire. Reason: Removed log

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0 beta 8 instant crash with X-Plane 10.5
Please post logs via a service like pastebin. The forum isn't made for that.

Did beta 7 work with the game?

• cadmus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by cadmus Replied by cadmus on topic 3.0 beta 8 instant crash with X-Plane 10.5
Yes, 3.0 beta 7 still works fine with X-Plane 10.5. I can install and it runs just fine with no known issues. I noticed that beta 8 was available, removed beta 7, installed beta 8, then the game just crashes on startup. I removed beta 8, installed beta 7, and it starts up no problem. Thanks.

Here is the pastebin: pastebin.com/Nt1jRAjE
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by cadmus.

• cadmus
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by cadmus Replied by cadmus on topic 3.0 beta 8 instant crash with X-Plane 10.5
Update on this one. I have downloaded and installed the release version of Reshade 3.0, and there are no longer any crashes. Not sure what was changed, but it works! Thanks!

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic 3.0 beta 8 instant crash with X-Plane 10.5
Reverted an OpenGL change from the beta which apparently was the culprit.
Happy to hear it works now!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.