ReShade 3.0 frame distortion in UE1 games

• lowenz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1 by lowenz ReShade 3.0 Progress was created by lowenz
Strange behaviour of ReShade b7 in Unreal Tournament (1999!) with original 436 D3D renderer + dgVoodoo2!
When ReShade hooks the process the frame.....gets some deformations (Stretch + Crop):

[img

@the launch the game starts correctly (no stretching, no cropping), so the problem is due to ReShade injection.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by lowenz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lowenz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
No problem man, just reporting! ;)

About Unreal and UT99 (and maybe other UE1 games), the problem I already reported about the frame distortion disappears when you open the reshade menu window (and returns when you close it):

[img

[img
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lowenz.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress

lowenz wrote: About Unreal and UT99 (and maybe other UE1 games), the problem I already reported about the frame distortion disappears when you open the reshade menu window (and returns when you close it):

Like I said. I'm unable to reproduce that. Using Unreal Gold + OldUnreal's 227 patch. Tried original D3D driver + dgVoodoo2, tried D3D8 driver + dgVoodoo2, tried OpenGL driver and they all work with ReShade flawlessly, no distortions whatsoever. Maybe RTSS is interfering, since I can see that running in your screenshot.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Little sudden discovery :p It happens in windowed mode (StartupFullscreen=False ) , not in fullscreen mode.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Still works fine for me. Tried multiple resolutions in windowed mode.

Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by crosire.

• lowenz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #6 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Maybe it's a Windows 10 (I have the Anniversary Edition) related issue. Your OS?
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by lowenz.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0 Progress
Doubtful.
I have Windows 7. Though I just tried it in my Windows 10 virtual machine. Cannot use dgVoodoo2 there though, since there only is a DirectX 9 compatible virtual GPU. So I chose the D3D9 driver, which again worked flawlessly.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.