[SOLVED] Reshade 3 won't save preset in Marvel Heroes 2016

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #1 by robgrab Reshade 3 won't save preset in Marvel Heroes 2016 was created by robgrab
I've used Reshade 3.0 in several games without issue. For some reason every time I create a preset in Marvel Heroes 2016 it's gone the next I launch the game. I don't have this issue using Reshade 1.1. Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tidias
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #2 by Tidias Replied by Tidias on topic Reshade 3 won't save preset in Marvel Heroes 2016
I had the same issue for mirror's edge catalyst. I found that re-shade couldn't write the .ini file to the games folder, i ended up creating blank .ini file in the games folder. then launched the game, named it the same as the blank .ini in re-shade and it worked.
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Tidias.

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3 won't save preset in Marvel Heroes 2016
Well. you do need writing permissions to the folder the preset is supposed to be created in .....
You usually do not have those in the "Program files" folders on Windows, except the Steam games folder, since Steam requests writing permissions to it during installation.

• robgrab
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #4 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Reshade 3 won't save preset in Marvel Heroes 2016
You're absolutely right! I totally forgot that the Marvel Heroes 2016 folder requires admin privileges. So once the preset is created it should be fine as long as I don't try to make any changes but how would I get it to save the initial preset to a protected folder?

• crosire
More
7 years 6 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 3 won't save preset in Marvel Heroes 2016
Creating an initial file doesn't exactly help either, because by default it inherits the security settings from the parent folder and won't allow writing. Except if you grant those. You can do that on any file or folder via the right click context menu > Properties > Security.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.