[SOLVED] Mafia 3 and SweetFX

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago - 7 years 6 months ago #1 by Mike Gous Mafia 3 and SweetFX was created by Mike Gous
(1)I have tried now for many hours to let Mafia 3 work with SweetFx. I have tried many versions of SweetFX with no luck.
(2) I tried it with Direct3D 8, Direct3D 9, Direct3D 10/11 and even OpenGL.
(3)I give up!
(4)Please can somebody tell me precisely what I must do to let it work. :cheer:
Last edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Mike Gous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 6 months ago #2 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic Mafia 3 and SweetFX
(1) I sorted it out.
(2) You start the game with an Emulator (Play Mafia3.exe).
(3)However in the SmartSteamEmu.ini-file the target should be changed to: Target = mafia3.exe.
(4) To get SweetFX to work with the game:
a) Open a ReShade Setup.exe.
b)Choose "mafia3.exe" when you choose the game (it will not work with "PLAY MAFIA 3.exe" because that is the emulator).
c)Make a tick against Direct3D 9. Nothing will happen when you click run Mafia III.
d)SweetFX is now installed againt "mafia 3.exe". In the game file you click "Play Mafia3.exe" (which is coupled by the ini file to mafia3.exe).
e)SweetFX works now. Took me some time to figure all this out. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.