Issues with Warframe

• keefypants
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1 by keefypants Issues with Warframe was created by keefypants
So I have been trying to get reshade working with warframe for a few days now. Before reshade, I was using sweetfx with warframe perfectly fine through radeon pro. But when I try to get reshade to work with warframe, I just won't work for whatever reason. It doesn't crash or anything, it just won't work. I can even get the initial yes/no warning upon first use to show up, but once in game no white text shows up in the top left corner like it does for other games, and no changes can be seen to the visuals. I got reshade working for other games, just not this one. I have tried other people's reshade settings that work for them in warframe, and still the same issue. I am on windows 8.1 and a 660 ti, and i tried checking dx 10 only and dx11 only for the launcher, and still no go. I turned off all overlays that I have, including steam and no go still. Only thing in the log that is different from the ones from games that work mention something about skipping swap chain because it was created without a hooked d3d device. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with Warframe
That exact log message is the problem. Mind posting a full tracelog also? It adds a few useful information to why. =)

• keefypants
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #3 by keefypants Replied by keefypants on topic Issues with Warframe
www.mediafire.com/download/b8yvtsarm486xnk/dxgi.tracelog

Link to tracelog is below, let me know if anything else is needed.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with Warframe
Try and rename it to "d3d11.dll" instead of "dxgi.dll". That may prevent the game from starting, but it could work if it doesn't.

• keefypants
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #5 by keefypants Replied by keefypants on topic Issues with Warframe
Doesn't crash, but same thing happens as when it is named dxgi.dll, no white text, no effects, but log is different. Tracelog is below:

www.mediafire.com/download/tkjmzdk54kn2lb6/d3d11.tracelog
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by keefypants.

• Yazame
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #6 by Yazame Replied by Yazame on topic Issues with Warframe
I have this working for me perfectly, but I run my game in 64bit, all launcher options on except for dx10.

Small picture of my folder from warframe with steam. (probably irrelevant)
Warning: Spoiler!

It doesn't have the Trace stuff, but seem'd the same to my eyes when I was comparing the files.
A thing that I noticed is that yours isn't loading the sweet.fx file ... but what do I know about this !? (nothing) so I don't really know if that is the problem.
Corsire should compare the logs and see what is actually diferent
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Yazame.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago - 9 years 2 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with Warframe
As said, he already posted the problem in the first post. ReShade fails to hook D3D11 (it simply doesn't figure out it is loaded), only hooks DXGI and thus aborts. I downloaded the game, so I can do some testing myself later.

EDIT. Tried now, but it works perfectly fine here too. Put it into the main Warframe folder (where Warframe.exe and Warframe.x64.exe are) and rename it to dxgi.dll.
Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by crosire.

• keefypants
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #8 by keefypants Replied by keefypants on topic Issues with Warframe

crosire wrote: As said, he already posted the problem in the first post. ReShade fails to hook D3D11 (it simply doesn't figure out it is loaded), only hooks DXGI and thus aborts. I downloaded the game, so I can do some testing myself later.

EDIT. Tried now, but it works perfectly fine here too. Put it into the main Warframe folder (where Warframe.exe and Warframe.x64.exe are) and rename it to dxgi.dll.

Yeah thats where I put it before. Unfortunately it seems that it works for most people but there's a handful that it just simply wont work. Its weird that I get the warning yes/no message, but nothing else and no crashes.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issues with Warframe
Are there any overlays (Afterburner, ...), recording software (Fraps, ...), streaming software (OBS, ...), game boosters (Razer Game Booster, ...) or similar running? Any driver forced AA enabled?

• keefypants
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #10 by keefypants Replied by keefypants on topic Issues with Warframe

crosire wrote: Are there any overlays (Afterburner, ...), recording software (Fraps, ...), streaming software (OBS, ...), game boosters (Razer Game Booster, ...) or similar running? Any driver forced AA enabled?

No overlays on, no streaming stuff or boosters installed, and used nvidia inspector to restore to profile defaults and turned off any forced aa, and unfortunately nothing.

• keefypants
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #11 by keefypants Replied by keefypants on topic Issues with Warframe
Just an update: It apparently works every 1 out of 10 times I start up the game. I can start and quit the game a dozen times, and it will randomly work one or two times. No changes in settings, nothing; just start up the game and hope I get lucky.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.