Bioshock Crash On First Menu

• cloud6625
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by cloud6625 Bioshock Crash On First Menu was created by cloud6625
Alright I've been trying to get this issue resolved for a while now and have searched for topics regarding this on the forums, but can't seem to find any. I'm using the 0.14 build of Reshade with Mastereffects and the dll named to dxgi.dll. Every time I launch Bioshock I get past all the splash screens and reach the menu with new game load game options etc and the game just completely crashes and closes. The game works just fine without the files, but once the files are in the exe folder the game just won't work. In case this means anything at all the game is the Steam version updated to version 1.1 although I doubt that has any baring on the issue.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue as the game is on the compatibility list marked as working fine other than depth buffer access.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ioxa
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by Ioxa Replied by Ioxa on topic Bioshock Crash On First Menu

cloud6625 wrote: Alright I've been trying to get this issue resolved for a while now and have searched for topics regarding this on the forums, but can't seem to find any. I'm using the 0.14 build of Reshade with Mastereffects and the dll named to dxgi.dll. Every time I launch Bioshock I get past all the splash screens and reach the menu with new game load game options etc and the game just completely crashes and closes. The game works just fine without the files, but once the files are in the exe folder the game just won't work. In case this means anything at all the game is the Steam version updated to version 1.1 although I doubt that has any baring on the issue.

Does anybody know how to fix this issue as the game is on the compatibility list marked as working fine other than depth buffer access.

Which Bioshock is it, Infinite or the original? For the original Bioshock I had to use version 0.11.4, the others caused crashes. Also had to name the file d3d9, the game still ran in d3d10 mode. In the log it says it redirected to IDXGIFactory which I think is for d3d10/11.

• cloud6625
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by cloud6625 Replied by cloud6625 on topic Bioshock Crash On First Menu
Alright sorry its been a while, but I was busy and I tried using the version 13.1 and that didn't work so I tried naming the dll file to d3d9 instead of dxgi and that didn't work. I'm now looking for the build Ioxa mentioned, but can't seem to find where the backlog of versions are kept.

Also for Ioxa it is in fact the original Bioshock I would have said Infinite if it was Infinite.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Bioshock Crash On First Menu

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.