SW: Jedi Academy MP - opengl32.dll error

• An Elite Decoy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by An Elite Decoy SW: Jedi Academy MP - opengl32.dll error was created by An Elite Decoy
Trying to use reshade 0.14 with this game but it keeps throwing this error when I try to run it.

JAmp: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003
FS_Startup
Current search path:
blah blah blah...
44435 files in pk3 files
execing mpdefault.cfg
execing jampconfig.cfg
execing autoexec.cfg
...detecting CPU, found Intel Pentium IV
...initializing QGL
failed 193
GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem

I see that reshade copies opengl32.dll to the gamedata folder and as soon as I remove that dll the game works fine. Now I've asked a couple other people if they were able to get reshade working and those who did were using the none-steam version of the game. Could just be a fluke but I'm not sure. Searched around for a quite a while on google but a lot of the topics about the error were really old.

Specs are : windows 8.1
amd fx-8350
gtx 670

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SW: Jedi Academy MP - opengl32.dll error
Tried myself. Downloaded and installed the game through Steam, copied "ReShade32.dll" over to GameData, renamed to "opengl32.dll" and launched "jamp.exe". Worked just fine, ReShade's overlay appeared. =)
Any other overlays running? May I see ReShade's log?
The following user(s) said Thank You: An Elite Decoy

• An Elite Decoy
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by An Elite Decoy Replied by An Elite Decoy on topic SW: Jedi Academy MP - opengl32.dll error
I'd post a log but I don't know how to generate one and I'm not seeing any sort of log being generated in the gamedata folder. I'll try doing a clean install of the game, maybe there's a mod or something messing with it.

Edit: Just did a fresh install, it's still throwing the opengl error when trying to start either singleplayer or multiplayer.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by An Elite Decoy.

• MS-DOS
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by MS-DOS Replied by MS-DOS on topic SW: Jedi Academy MP - opengl32.dll error
Works fine for me.
Try creating opengl32.log manually.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic SW: Jedi Academy MP - opengl32.dll error
Somebody had a similar issue, where ReShade just wouldn't load at all a while back. For him it was a tool called "Razer Game Booster" (or something like that) preventing ReShade for some reason, it worked after shutting it down. So, maybe you got some similar software running? Or some other overlay?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.