Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...

• Kartowl
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by Kartowl Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade... was created by Kartowl
im using ReShade in Skyrim SE and when it starts loading the shaders it immediately crashes with no error... what could it be? every other game works with ReShade

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Marty McFly
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by Marty McFly Replied by Marty McFly on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
Which shaders are you using? By any chance, my preset from the nexus?

• paxton676
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #3 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
Same here. Reshade and Skyrim SE don't play nice together. Issue is intermittent , sometimes game will start with Reshade and works fine. Basically, I launch the game over and over until it starts. The game launches every time without Reshade.

This was only tested with ReShade 1.1.0f1. I haven't jumped on board with newer versions. I prefer Reshade 1 to 2 , so haven't bothered to try 3. I plan on trying 3 or whatever version we are at when you get Reshade working with Doom(2016) opengl, don't care about vulkan.

I am not using any presets. Don't need them because the right settings for me are almost exactly the same for every game. I only use the sweetfx shaders bloom, lumasharpen, and filmicpass. Basically, games are too blurry and saturated for my taste.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by paxton676.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
ReShade 3.0 works well with Doom, just saying (the fix was announced a couple of minor updates back)... And it works pretty well with the Special Edition as well. That old versions don't is self explanatory, that is why they are old and no longer supported.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: paxton676

• paxton676
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #5 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
lol my bad. Thank you. I will check out the latest version.

Update:
I was having issues with 3.03 too. It worked with Doom but not Skyrim SE or Fallout 4, would always crash at the loader on startup. I just finished reinstalling windows. 3.03 is working for me now :)
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by paxton676.

• robgrab
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by robgrab Replied by robgrab on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
Reshade 3.0.3 works fine for me with Skyrim SE.

• Mazepczyk
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by Mazepczyk Replied by Mazepczyk on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
It's better to install ENB on Skyrim as a overhaul.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Skyrim SE crashes with ReShade...
We are talking about the SE here. There's no ENB for it yet.
Also, the two work together pretty well.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.