Installing Reshade 3

• Secretagent667
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by Secretagent667 Installing Reshade 3 was created by Secretagent667
Hey guys,

This is the first time I've ever used Reshade so it could be something really obvious.
I'm trying to install it for SkyrimSE, it installs fine I think, no errors, says it's successful but when I open Skyrim I cannot open the Reshade Menu and
see no indication of it being installed (I think I read somewhere there will be text in the top left corner indicating Reshade is installed?).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Installing Reshade 3
Make sure you actually selected the game executable during installation and then the "Direct3D 10+" option. It's "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim Special Edition\SkyrimSE.exe" by default. It'll work then.

• Secretagent667
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by Secretagent667 Replied by Secretagent667 on topic Installing Reshade 3
I have definitely installed it with the 10+ option and to the SkyrimSE.exe, the only difference is that I have the game in "C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\Common\Skyrim Special Edition".
Could that make a difference?

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Installing Reshade 3
No. Is there a dxgi.dll right beside the SkyrimSE.exe? If not, ReShade wasn't installed successfully.

• Secretagent667
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by Secretagent667 Replied by Secretagent667 on topic Installing Reshade 3
Yes there is.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Installing Reshade 3
Is there a dxgi.log file?

• Secretagent667
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #7 by Secretagent667 Replied by Secretagent667 on topic Installing Reshade 3
Yes.

Warning: Spoiler!

• green201
More
7 years 5 months ago #8 by green201 Replied by green201 on topic Installing Reshade 3
i ran into this isue as well, it has to do with your keyboard. look at your keyboard thereshould be a key for Fn. if you hold shift + fn + f2 it should work. it did for me

• Secretagent667
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #9 by Secretagent667 Replied by Secretagent667 on topic Installing Reshade 3
No, makes no difference :S

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.