ReShade 3.0.3 + Mass Effect

• Angharan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #1 by Angharan ReShade 3.0.3 + Mass Effect was created by Angharan
Just trying ReShade for the first time so I don't know if I'm doing it wrong :unsure:

Installed v.3.0.3 with Mass Effect and everything seems to work as expected, except even with all shaders off I'm getting huge slow down when opening the games menus or other elements which take over the screen like the decryption minigame (dropping from 60+ fps to <30).

I've also found that d3d9.log is filling up with entries like this:
Warning: Spoiler!

repeating over and over. After 2 1/2 hours playing I found the log had ballooned to 1.2GB in size.

Is this something I can fix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.0.3 + Mass Effect
Try setting the log file to read-only in the file properties to prevent ReShade from writing to it and see if that fixes things.

• Angharan
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 8 months ago #3 by Angharan Replied by Angharan on topic ReShade 3.0.3 + Mass Effect

crosire wrote: Try setting the log file to read-only in the file properties to prevent ReShade from writing to it and see if that fixes things.

That didn't make much difference although the menus did seem a little less sluggish. Unfortunately, although I was fine running around the citadel talking to people it seems combat is badly affected as well - getting fps as low as 11.

I've tried it quickly with Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age: Origins and didn't see any problems (in menus or combat) so it seems to be a problem with Mass Effect specifically. I'm running windows 10 if that makes a difference.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.