Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ?

Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ? 1 year 10 months ago #1

I have developed my own game engine with the following specs

Windows 7, DirectX11, Language C#, ( SLIMDX as DirectX Wrapper ), 3D,

Because of the heavy use transparency ( e.g. Hair Shader and Cloths)
I am using Forward Rendering NOT deferred Renderer so i have no explicit G-Buffer.

The 3D Vieport runs in Windowed Mode of a standard userform.

When using Reshade 3.04 i tried with my debug Version starting it from Visual Studion 2015 an also
without Visual Studio starting the release Version directly with the same result.

The form opens an is displaed, but nothing within the window is displayed. So the hook of the reshade dll file captures/consumes all draw call but nothing is visible.

As far as i have studied reshade should work even if i don t use deffered rendering with a G-Buffer, but not all effects would work. Is this correct ?

What could i do ?

Thanks in advance for all help

Bettina
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ? 1 year 10 months ago #2

Whether you use forward or deferred rendering makes zero difference to ReShade. It should never show an empty UI. That's a bug in ReShade then. Any way I can get an executable of the engine in question to check it out?
Cheers, crosire =)

Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ? 1 year 10 months ago #3

Hello crosire,

i did some more testing:

1. First i thought my game enigne did not crash, but this was because of my error handling.
Actually the render thread does crash from within the SlimDX.dll => access violation error

2. Tried to cleanup my code to upload my release Version but this went out diffucult because of the many dependencies.
The Game is a private project under much development and far from being totally stable.

In my code i am compiling the hlsl shaders every start of the programm by the slimdx effect compiler api.
So i supposed this mechanism to be the source of trouble.

3. Took another SlimDX game project ( not my own but an open source project ).
This uses precompiled Shaders so no on the fly compilation is used.
The problem ist exactly the same as with my game engine.

The reshade Logfile has in both cases the same structure. No error is explicitly given.

So my conclusion is, that there is a basic problem with the use of SlimDX an reshade.

4. The next days i will try to make a absolutely small simple Game, just rendering some geometry with SlimDX and upload the source code
as Visual Studio Project 2013.
I think this would be the easiest way for you to analyse the problem.

Bettina

Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ? 1 year 10 months ago #4

Hello crosire,

the last days i did some further tests.

1. smallest possible SlimDX Application made in VisualStudio

e.g. github.com/SlimDX/slimdx/tree/master/sam...t2D/SimpleTriangle2D

The result is negative. Source Code of the sample and of the wrapper is provided at the given link

2. tried SharpDX also a dot net wrapper für DirectX
The same negative result no matter wheter in DirectX9 or DirectX11 Mode

github.com/sharpdx/SharpDX-Samples

Here the source code is also available with some easy samples.

Would you be so kind just download a SlimDX sample and test it ?

It would be so marvelous, when i could use reshade for my game, because i love the outstandig look that can be composed.

Thanks in advance, Bettina
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Bettina. Reason: correct an error

Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ? 1 year 10 months ago #5

The Direct2D sample cannot work as ReShade only supports Direct3D and OpenGL, no Direct2D. I went ahead and tried all Direct3D9, 10 and 11 samples that are part of the SlimDX SDK and ReShade 3.0.5 worked with all of them =)
Cheers, crosire =)

Howto make self created Game Reshade compatibe ? 1 year 10 months ago #6

Hello crosire,

great success !!!! many many thanks

I checked the orginal SlimDX samples again and they actually worked. I can't remember why the last time they failed. Maybe i was too tired...

After all i could find out the problem from the log dxgi logfile. => DirectX10.1 Device hooking failed.

My game uses directx11 Device, but at the same time also needs directx10.1 Device für Sprite rendering.
I didn't remember that fact at all.

After deactivating the sprite rendering, which is not really necessary for my game it worked all fine in directx11 mode.

Summary: when using SlimDX: Directx11 device the same time as directx10.1 device the solution crashes !!

So this post can be flagged as solved

Bettina