The Punisher (Old Game)

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by Mike Gous The Punisher (Old Game) was created by Mike Gous
(1) Underneath the "Games" heading somebody indicated that Reshade will work on The Punisher with Direct3D 8. In the "Description" column the person indicated: "Use d3d8to9 to wrap d3d8 to d3d9.
(2) Can somebody explain this to me please.
====================================================================================================================================
(1) The problem with this game is that I must install a Widescreen Mod to get a resolution of 1920 x 1080. However, the mod also uses a Direct3d 8 file which is different from the file of Reshade.
(2) My dilemma is that when I use the Direct3d 8 file from the mod, I have no Reshade. If I replace it with the Direct3d 8 file from Reshade I have no widescreen.
(3) Any guidance here will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic The Punisher (Old Game)
You can't directly install ReShade for Direct3D 8. Select the D3D9 option in the setup tool and use reshade.me/d3d8to9 to wrap the game to Direct3D 9.
If the widescreen mode replaces d3d8.dll like d3d8to9, you're out of luck. It's either ReShade or the widescreen mod then.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic The Punisher (Old Game)
Yes it replaces it every time as we knew it would.
So I must choose either the one or the other.
This one i cannot win.
Thanks a lot for your help.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.