(1) Underneath the "Games" heading somebody indicated that Reshade will work on The Punisher with Direct3D 8. In the "Description" column the person indicated: "Use d3d8to9 to wrap d3d8 to d3d9.
(2) Can somebody explain this to me please.
(1) The problem with this game is that I must install a Widescreen Mod to get a resolution of 1920 x 1080. However, the mod also uses a Direct3d 8 file which is different from the file of Reshade.
(2) My dilemma is that when I use the Direct3d 8 file from the mod, I have no Reshade. If I replace it with the Direct3d 8 file from Reshade I have no widescreen.
(3) Any guidance here will be appreciated.
You can't directly install ReShade for Direct3D 8. Select the D3D9 option in the setup tool and use
to wrap the game to Direct3D 9.
If the widescreen mode replaces d3d8.dll like d3d8to9, you're out of luck. It's either ReShade or the widescreen mod then.