Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #1 by oomek Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit was created by oomek
When I added Reshade to mame emulator it added a 10 seconds delay to launch and exit of mame. Is it normal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
Yes. Shaders need to load at some point and depending on your system specs, this can take a while. You'll see a notifcation at the top of the screen about this though.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #3 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
Hm, I do not see any info about the delay. I need to mention that the delay happens before the mame window opens. I need only one shader. If i delete all other shaders from the folders will that speed up?

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
If it's the reason for the delay, then yes.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #5 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
With only CRT shader the delay is still there.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #6 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
Here is my log file
d3d9.log

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #7 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
The delay starts here:
12/11/2016 15:46:51:235 [08392] | INFO  | > Found 360 match(es). Installing ...
12/11/2016 15:46:51:235 [08392] | INFO  | Installing hook for '0x00007FF81299DFE0' with '0x00007FF80F86EB70' using method 1 ...
and it lasts for 15 seconds installing 360 hooks. Why there is so many hooks?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by oomek.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #8 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
looks like all that hooks are related to opengl, but I'm running mame in d3d9ex mode. Is there any way to skip opengl hooking?

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
Must be something specific to your configuration. I just tried it and have no delay whatsoever. Make sure no third-party software like overlays or game boosters are interfering.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #10 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
I do not have any overlay app running. Can you please try groovymame 0.171 and set video variable in mame.ini to d3d9ex?

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #11 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
The delay is present in any version of groovymame and regardless of video mode selected. Can I disable opengl hooking somehow?

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit

oomek wrote: Can I disable opengl hooking somehow?

No, nor should it make a difference. The hooking alone is not the issue here.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #13 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
Why do you think hooking is not the issue? According to the log hooking all that unused opengl functions takes 15 seconds on launch and the same when unhooking on exit.

• crosire
More
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
I can see that. But the hooking itself is extremly fast. There is something happening between that slows it down. Could be some extensive thread synchronization that your CPU cannot handle if the app is highly multi-threaded. I don't know. I have MAME running under D3D9 on my system, it loads OpenGL too, but without any slowdowns like in your case.
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #15 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
Well, beeing fast is really dependant on the hardware. On my HTPC equipped with AMD A4 5000 and Radeon R7 240 it's extremly slow. It would be awesome if you considered people with slow machines and added a simple switch in the ini to disable opengl hooking.

• oomek
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 5 months ago #16 by oomek Replied by oomek on topic Reshade 10s delay on launch/exit
I guess it's a "no" :(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.