Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5

• Alencar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Alencar Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 was created by Alencar
So after using reshade 2 for a long time on Fallout 4, I decided to give a try to this new version :3 And it's awesome and working great. Mostly.
I have some performance hit using it. FPS drop from 60 to 30/35 with a GTX 770 by toggling effects on and off. It usually start after 15/30min of gameplay and stop randomly when loading a new scene. With reshade 2, I could play hours without a problem and using the same effects.
I'm using: Curves, Tonemap, LiftGammaGain, Vibrance, FilmGrain, AmbientLight and LumaSharp in performance mode. Statistics report only 0.05ms for post processing during the problem.
I use a default ENB (with very basics settings for removing fake lights, no fancy shaders) and fraps on top of that.

Any ideas? =o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5
Does the same happen if you disable Fraps? And additionally ENB if it does?

• Alencar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #3 by Alencar Replied by Alencar on topic Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5
So I'm currently testing without enb and with fraps and I'll be back tomorrow with the result but I ran into another strange thing: Fraps indicate 60fps while reshade indicate 96fps (using vsync on 60Hz monitor btw), but frame speed is at 16ms tho....
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Alencar.

• Alencar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by Alencar Replied by Alencar on topic Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5
So I just ran into the problem again, without enb, it took much longer to start (or maybe it was a coincidence). Going back to windows and restore sometimes fix the problem for a time, so I'm guessing it would be a memory problem? Problem is still the same: loss of framerate to 30/35 and toggling effects off turn it back to 60.

I don't really know how to test that without fraps because of reshade framerate counter giving me very odd numbers.

• lowenz
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #5 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5
FRAPS is too much old now, never been updated in years.

Use MSI Afterburner+RTSS (same package)
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by lowenz.

• Alencar
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #6 by Alencar Replied by Alencar on topic Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5
Thanks for the soft =). So I've been testing with that and here it is:
gyazo.com/90c0333467e857aa2581b80f832891cb

This time it was without fraps or enb.
Edit: Well I rolled back to reshade 2, hopefully I'll have less problem with the gpu I planed to buy in january.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Alencar.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.