Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5

Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 1 year 6 months ago #1

So after using reshade 2 for a long time on Fallout 4, I decided to give a try to this new version :3 And it's awesome and working great. Mostly.
I have some performance hit using it. FPS drop from 60 to 30/35 with a GTX 770 by toggling effects on and off. It usually start after 15/30min of gameplay and stop randomly when loading a new scene. With reshade 2, I could play hours without a problem and using the same effects.
I'm using: Curves, Tonemap, LiftGammaGain, Vibrance, FilmGrain, AmbientLight and LumaSharp in performance mode. Statistics report only 0.05ms for post processing during the problem.
I use a default ENB (with very basics settings for removing fake lights, no fancy shaders) and fraps on top of that.

Any ideas? =o
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 1 year 6 months ago #2

Does the same happen if you disable Fraps? And additionally ENB if it does?
Cheers, crosire =)

Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 1 year 6 months ago #3

So I'm currently testing without enb and with fraps and I'll be back tomorrow with the result but I ran into another strange thing: Fraps indicate 60fps while reshade indicate 96fps (using vsync on 60Hz monitor btw), but frame speed is at 16ms tho....
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Alencar.

Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 1 year 6 months ago #4

So I just ran into the problem again, without enb, it took much longer to start (or maybe it was a coincidence). Going back to windows and restore sometimes fix the problem for a time, so I'm guessing it would be a memory problem? Problem is still the same: loss of framerate to 30/35 and toggling effects off turn it back to 60.

I don't really know how to test that without fraps because of reshade framerate counter giving me very odd numbers.

Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 1 year 6 months ago #5

FRAPS is too much old now, never been updated in years.

Use MSI Afterburner+RTSS (same package)
Last Edit: 1 year 6 months ago by lowenz.

Performance problem with reshade 3.0.5 1 year 6 months ago #6

Thanks for the soft =). So I've been testing with that and here it is:
gyazo.com/90c0333467e857aa2581b80f832891cb

This time it was without fraps or enb.
Edit: Well I rolled back to reshade 2, hopefully I'll have less problem with the gpu I planed to buy in january.
Last Edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Alencar.