- Posts: 4
[SOLVED] No menu access in K-Shoot MANIA
Expected features :
- Having access to in-game ReShade menu using Shift+F2
- Setting up a quick "proof of concept" preset for the game
How to reproduce :
- Download the game at kshoot.verse.jp/dl/kshootmania_v164c.zip
- Install ReShade 3.0.5 in game folder using installer and Direct3D 8/9 API
- Download standards effects => Yes/No doesn't change the problem here
- Close installer
- Run the game (kshootmania.exe)
Note : You must have an audio device enabled in order to run the game, anything works even a broken jack.
- Nothing appear, no welcome message, Shift+F2 does not open menu
- Nothing alarmful in log file (no error or warning)
Log files :
- d3d9.log : pastebin.com/raw/P8dbefzw
Setup / Configuration :
- Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.00GHz 38 °C
Haswell 22nm Technology
8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 679MHz (9-9-9-24)
ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. GRYPHON Z97 ARMOR EDITION (SOCKET 1150)
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 (ASUStek Computer Inc)
ForceWare version: 372.90
- Reshade Version 3.0.5 (lastest I guess)
- K-Shoot MANIA version 1.64b
Tried workarounds :
- Using different versions of ReShade :
ReShade 1.1.0 with SweetFX 2.0
- Using others rendering API
OpenGL => Not working, no log produced
Direct3D 10+ => Not working, no log produced
- Is the game supported ? If not, will it be one day ?
- Any workaround for this issue ?
After a quick investigation, the game seemingly uses GDI+ for the rendering, thus no compatibility with ReShade.
crosire wrote: Doesn't appear to be a D3D9 game. Try the other rendering API options.
I just retried the others (Direct3D 10+ and OpenGL), doesn't work either, no log file in both cases.
On kshoot.client.jp/troubleshooting.html it indicates (for another issue) that DirectX9 available at www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35& and must be installed so it must uses DirectX8/9 API, right ?
Original message :
→ こちら からダウンロード・インストールした後、再度お試し下さい。
Google Translated :
Error when starting game play
The screen becomes dark while sound can be heard
The DirectX runtime may not be installed.
→ Download and install from here, please try again.
I used to have GEXP with shadowplay but uninstalled it.
Steam is not running either.
Edit : Guild Wars 2 works just fine with ReShade
Just in case I missed something, here's a list of running process from Process Explorer (launched as admin) : pastebin.com/raw/ciqWYGJu
Also took a look on threads and saw that GDI+ was loaded :
I'm not quite sure, but I think GDI+ isn't DirectX based, am I right ? Is it the reason it doesn't work ?
Thanks for your time and help.