Thief (2014)

• robb
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by robb Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook was created by robb
ReShade 0.15.0 doesn't appear to be able to hook onto Thief x86/x64 (at least that's how I'm interpreting the log). Others have the issue too as linked/quoted in my earlier post ( #232 in Compatibility List ).

For quicker access:
Tracelog / Log

Have done the following to try to fix it:
  • Disabled all overlays (RTSS, Steam)
  • Changed graphical settings ingame (Removing SSAA, downsampling, Vsync, etc.)
  • Also placed files in "/Binaries/Win64/" even though that directory is ignored
  • Tried x86, same as above point
  • Not forcing anything via driver on game
  • Removed modded game files to remove additional prompts/processes as game launches
  • Skipped launcher
  • Used ReShade 0.14.0 (Log mirrors 0.15.0 exactly)
  • Renamed dxgi.dll to d3d11.dll

Anything else I (or we) can do? Personally, this is on a recently freshly installed Win8.1 x64 system, so I don't have any other 3rd party programs (such as Razer GameBooster, etc) that would conflict with the game other than drivers and RTSS/Afterburner/AV suite.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by robb.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
Took me a while to figure this one out, but it's fixed in the next version. =)

A little background on what happens here:
  1. Game loads D3D11.dll
  2. ReShade gets notified, installs D3D11 hooks and removes D3D11 from list of delayed hooks
  3. Game unloads D3D11.dll again
  4. Game does some work
  5. Game loads D3D11.dll
  6. ReShade gets notified once again, but thinks that D3D11 hooks are already installed and does nothing (though they are not, because the DLL was unloaded in the meantime)
  7. D3D11 isn't hooked, hence the error message
To fix this I changed the hook manager to keep a reference to the loaded DLLs, so to prevent the game from unloading the DLL again, unless ReShade is unloaded itself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JPulowski, Wicked Sick, robb

• Wicked Sick
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
GREAT!

• Amarx
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by Amarx Replied by Amarx on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
Thief still doesn't work even with the 0.16 update.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Amarx.

• SpinelessJelly
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #5 by SpinelessJelly Replied by SpinelessJelly on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
I have something strange to report on Thief. For me Reshade 0.16 works right out of the box, for both 32 and 64bit versions of the game, all settings max, Mantle disabled, nothing forced via drivers. But there is no depth buffer - or better there is but it is intermittent, it flickers. I thought it had to do with ingame SSAA being activated so I turned that off and there it was in all its glory (actually this jpeg turned out way too dark, ingame all objects' outline is visible)

Warning: Spoiler!

Only that the game at that point looked like this

or this

Textures flickering, objects coming in and out of existence, lights shining through walls, all kinds of strange things happening. It occurs even with all .fx files removed and it does not appear if I rename/remove the Reshade .dll. Lowering or disabling other graphics options doesn't seem to influence the result and the log file looks normal. Don't know what to make of this.
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by SpinelessJelly.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook

SpinelessJelly wrote: Textures flickering, objects coming in and out of existence, lights shining through walls, all kinds of strange things happening.

Yeah, I know. Haven't yet figured out what the hell is happening there, I was hoping it's just on my end ... I'll continue looking for a solution =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: SpinelessJelly

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 6 months ago #7 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
Hi o/ I just tried this with the non-beta release; This game is going to be like Phanton Pain, right?

pastebin.com/C7NFVtCS

• crosire
More
8 years 6 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
Seems like it. I spend multiple hours trying to figure out what's causing these glitches, but got nowhere. So I gave up on it, since they are very specific to just this one game.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wicked Sick

• Wicked Sick
More
8 years 6 months ago #9 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
I see, thank you, Crosire, for all the time you invested in it ^^

• lowenz
More
8 years 5 months ago #10 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
Any news? Same problem with 1.1

• crosire
More
8 years 5 months ago #11 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
As said before, I gave up on it, as it's only this one game and no other. Sorry =/.

• Neo™
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #12 by Neo™ Replied by Neo™ on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
Hi! :)

I was searching how to make reshade work with this game cos i was a little bit lost with the fact there was binaries and binaries2 and win32 and win64.
I saw that lot of people says reshade isn't working correctly on this game but i tried it and it seems it work pretty fine.
I have no issues like strange textures or else.
But the only very big issue i have is to have it working fine in 3D as it only work for the right eye.
The left eye don't have reshade working.
I'm using reshade 1.1.0f1 and use direct3D 10/11 on Steam\steamapps\common\Thief\Binaries2\Win64
Any idea of why it work only with one eye?
Edit: When i launch the game i can see the text info on the top left of the screen only on the right eye, the left eye show nothing.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Neo™.

• crosire
More
7 years 10 months ago #13 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
ReShade does not support multiple backbuffers (which is what you have in 3D, one for the left eye, one for the right). That's why it only shows up on one of them.

• lowenz
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #14 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
I saw that lot of people says reshade isn't working correctly on this game but i tried it and it seems it work pretty fine.
I have no issues like strange textures or else.

Not a surprise if you've enabled SSAA.....the problem is present without the SSAA.
And still present with ReShade 3 alpha 6.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by lowenz.

• Neo™
More
7 years 10 months ago #15 by Neo™ Replied by Neo™ on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook
But i got no problems with a lot of other games where i can use reshade and 3D vision.
And i'm not very sure now but i believe i played this game a little bit last year in 3D with reshade (or sweetFX) and i don't remember i had this issue ( but it's may be cos i wasn't using HDR before)

• Neo™
More
7 years 10 months ago #16 by Neo™ Replied by Neo™ on topic Thief (2014): ReShade Doesn't Hook

lowenz wrote: Not a surprise if you've enabled SSAA.....the problem is present without the SSAA.
And still present with ReShade 3 alpha 6.

effectively, when i set ACSE (it's probably the french name of SSAA) the game is a little bit weird. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.