Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?

• Elimina
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #1 by Elimina Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet? was created by Elimina
I have tried every single available option for MGSV to get it to work with no success. I have seen people successfully using it but mine never works for me. Some help would be nice, since the coloration in that game is the worst I have seen in a while.

I have tried ReShade 1.1.0f1, 2.0.7, & 3.0.3 with dxgi.dll, d3d11.dll, d3d9, but the game always instantly crashes on launch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sunesha
More
7 years 4 months ago #2 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?
Only 0.10.00 Reshade works with Metal gear solid 5 phantom pain

I remember I read somewhere a while ago that Metal gear solid 5 has some wierd anti tampering function that locks out any use of Reshade. The 0.10.00 version somehow slips through. But even when it works it is buggy. Though that is to be expected as 0.10.00 is old betaversion. Probably even a bug that it works with MGS5
The following user(s) said Thank You: Elimina

• Elimina
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #3 by Elimina Replied by Elimina on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?

Sunesha wrote: Only 0.10.00 Reshade works with Metal gear solid 5 phantom pain

I remember I read somewhere a while ago that Metal gear solid 5 has some wierd anti tampering function that locks out any use of Reshade. The 0.10.00 version somehow slips through. But even when it works it is buggy. Though that is to be expected as 0.10.00 is old betaversion. Probably even a bug that it works with MGS5

Is there anywhere i can find 0.10.00? I'm guessing a preset out there might have all of the files.

• Sunesha
More
7 years 4 months ago #4 by Sunesha Replied by Sunesha on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?

• Wicked Sick
More
6 years 5 months ago #5 by Wicked Sick Replied by Wicked Sick on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?
So, with the newest ReShade implementation, it still just crashes, right. Sad... ):

• SOL1984
More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #6 by SOL1984 Replied by SOL1984 on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?
Hello,

Please help anyone: so apparently Reshade 0.10 is the only version where the game does not crash at startup but is there a way to bring up the menu so i can adjust the settings while in game because SHIFT+F2 does not seem to work anymore.

Please anyone out there help me out, I do not like all the presets out on sfx.thelazy.net/games/ most of them dont work or cause a lot of pop ups or are way too over-saturated and blurred with needless filters like maxed out FXAA etc.. its like your character is myopic. I really want to be able to fix the settings to my preference while in game like any other versions of Reshade. Its a nightmare trying to figure this out, no one is responding anywhere I comment.

Thank you.
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by SOL1984.

• MonarchX
More
5 years 7 months ago #7 by MonarchX Replied by MonarchX on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?

SOL1984 wrote: Hello,

Please help anyone: so apparently Reshade 0.10 is the only version where the game does not crash at startup but is there a way to bring up the menu so i can adjust the settings while in game because SHIFT+F2 does not seem to work anymore.

Please anyone out there help me out, I do not like all the presets out on sfx.thelazy.net/games/ most of them dont work or cause a lot of pop ups or are way too over-saturated and blurred with needless filters like maxed out FXAA etc.. its like your character is myopic. I really want to be able to fix the settings to my preference while in game like any other versions of Reshade. Its a nightmare trying to figure this out, no one is responding anywhere I comment.

Thank you.

Just use the editable files. Back then menu wasn't as good and as advanced and for that ancient version of ReShade, I don't think there even was one... I do wish we could get later versions of ReShade to work with that great game.

• Richardpunsalan
More
4 years 4 months ago #8 by Richardpunsalan Replied by Richardpunsalan on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?
Any update on MGSV The phantom pain reshade? It's been a while since the 2016 and up to now.?

• EV3RGREEN
More
4 years 4 months ago #9 by EV3RGREEN Replied by EV3RGREEN on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?
There's a mod called "I Can't believe it's not ReShade" on the Nexus that makes color grading a lot more vibrant and nights really dark, making the use of NVG/Flashlights a must. I use it, installed it once and never went back (about 400h with it and still counting). You can also throw "Yet Another Weather Mod" on top, makes weather more of a thing so to speak. sandstorms last longer, etc.
Finally, I use Nvidia's HBAO and Image Sharpening, which suits my taste, doesn't have any AO bleeding since it's an official Nvidia HBAO flag. I personally don't need ReShade for GZ/TPP/MGV.

Interestingly enough, Special K version 0_9_20 does work pretty flawlessly with Survive, apart from Alt-Tabbing which hangs the game. Didn't test for TPP, but you could give it a shot and chain ReShade with Special K.

• USAS
More
3 years 4 months ago #10 by USAS Replied by USAS on topic Anybody Find a Fix for MGSV: The Phantom Pain Yet?
Apart from using Reshade 0.10

Nvidia Freestyle works fine in MGSV.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.