ReShade Setup.exe issue with 0.15.0

• Devla
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by Devla ReShade Setup.exe issue with 0.15.0 was created by Devla
Hello
I seem to be having an issue with the ReShade Setup.exe file in the latest version 0.15.0

After running the file and clicking "SELECT GAME", pointing it to an EXE, and getting a "SUCCESS" message, I noticed that a d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll file is not being created in the EXE's directory.
However if I select "RUN xxx.exe" from the Reshade Setup, the game loads with SweetFX/Reshade enabled. Just running the EXE on its own runs it without SweetFX/Reshade enabled.

Was this change intentional? In the past, the Setup would properly detect D3D version/32/64/etc and properly copy/rename the reshade32/64.dll files to either d3d9.dll or dxgi.dll.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kgonepostl
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #2 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic ReShade Setup.exe issue with 0.15.0
Wait, autodetect works!? Since when!? i've always found it buggy as hell!

Edit:
Through my very limited testing I noticed that it detects dx9 just fine, but it failed every time detecting dx10/11 games. I'm using version 15.0
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by kgonepostl.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade Setup.exe issue with 0.15.0
I didn't touch the ReShade setup tool for quite a while. It has been the same for the last 5 or more versions.
You are describing something impossible. Are you sure you are choosing the same executable you are executing?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• Bishi
More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by Bishi Replied by Bishi on topic ReShade Setup.exe issue with 0.15.0
Could this issue be something as simple as the process lacking the elevation to copy the file?

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.