Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: How to use this with Bigscreen?

How to use this with Bigscreen? 1 year 6 months ago #1

Hello. I'm a newbie when it comes to shaders. What I'm trying to do is using Depth3d for Fallout 4.
So far I have finished the tutorial and activated SBS. However, when I use Bigscreen, it always starts in theater mode and I don't know how to turn it off.

I still don't know what Reshade/Depth3d does exactly. I don't know what programs I can use to play Fallout 4 in VR mode. Not theater mode. Any help would be appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

How to use this with Bigscreen? 1 year 6 months ago #2

A couple of things you have to understand, hope I can help :lol:

If you're using Bigscreen, I assume you have either a Vive or a Rift.

What Depth3d does is split each frame into a left and right section (one for each eye) so it can create the illusion of 3D, so 2D games can have "depth". It does the same as TriDef 3D and Vireo Perception (or Vorpx and Nvidia 3D). On a Vive or Rift (differently from using other devices like Samsung Gear VR) you need to use Bigcreen-type apps to see your desktop, so it will allways be a "theater-mode" view (you can increase the screen size so it encompasses all your vision).

If you want to play Fallout 4 (specifically that game) on full-VR mode using the Vive, Vireo Perception 4.0 has full-VR room scale support, but you should check their forums for help, it works but it's hard do get the settings right ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.