[SOLVED] Rise of the Tomb Raider Reshade 3.0.6 crash

• Stefans02
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1 by Stefans02 Rise of the Tomb Raider Reshade 3.0.6 crash was created by Stefans02
I am trying to get Reshade 3.0.6 AND 3.0.0 working in ROTTR (Rise of the Tomb Raider), but both of them don't want to work.

Reshade 3.0.0 just simply crashes when I start up the game and starts loading the effects. When I delete dxgi.ini the game works but then the effects won't load ofcourse.

In Reshade 3.0.6 the game actually starts and I can start up Reshade ingame. I can start the tutorial, but before I go to the ''changing variables'' part it crashes my game. So when I press continue when I see the effect toggle part the game crashes. And when I restart the game and try to open up Reshade again it instantly crashes. After a reïnstall the game/Reshade works again. But triggers the same problem every time.

Now I found out when I put Reshade into Performance Mode it actually keeps working. And I can toggle/untoggle stuff, and it doesn't crash. But I am mainly using it for screenshots and I need the DoF functioning/adjustable. So I basically need the Configuration Mode. But when I put it back to Configuration Mode and press the ''Home'' tab the game crashes again, and from there I got the same problem.

So is there something I am doing wrong? Or is it just some weird bug? Weird part is a while ago when I played ROTTR with Reshade it worked after a while of trying to making it work. Maybe I forgot something I did last time to make it work, I have no clue. Because back then I was figuring out between different Reshade versions too. So I did A LOT then to make it work..

So if someone could help me with this issue that would be great and thanks in advance.

Greetings,
Stefan.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Stefans02.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Martigen
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #2 by Martigen Replied by Martigen on topic Rise of the Tomb Raider Reshade 3.0.6 crash
Stranger things have happened, but try renaming it to d3d11.dll. Both this and dxgi.dll will load, but some games sometimes prefer one over the other. If it still happens, it's likely a bug with Reshade. I'm about to set up Reshade with ROTTR myself soon so will report back if it's working for me.

Edit: Ok just setup 3.06 in ROTTR, and you won't be happy to hear I had no troubles :) In both main menu and first scene on the mountain top Reshade ran fine in both Performance and Configuration mode. I enabled about 7 shaders including testing some DOF ones, and it all seems fine on this end.

About the only thing that might be different is I set up all my games with a pre-defined stock profile that uses a global shader repository instead of shaders in each game directory. Maybe clear your configs and start again? I really doubt it's this, but here's my 'dxgi.ini' file that I copy across with the Reshade dlls and re-name as required when I install to a game:

Warning: Spoiler!

It's really basic though it does include a max quality preprocessor setting for FXAA.

I love that you can separate repositories too, as you can see I have PirateKitty's shaders installed to a different dir so I can update/include those indepdently but still have them loaded along with stock shaders.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Martigen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stefans02

• Stefans02
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #3 by Stefans02 Replied by Stefans02 on topic Rise of the Tomb Raider Reshade 3.0.6 crash
Yes, I got the name change tip from a friend also and that worked! Changed it to d3d11.dll and .ini and that fixed it for me, and I am a very happy man again.

I knew it was something with those files, because I had them working before. And I knew I did something with the files to make them work.

Thanks for the help though!
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Stefans02.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.