Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: RS 3.0.6 MXAO flickering in World of Tanks

RS 3.0.6 MXAO flickering in World of Tanks 1 year 7 months ago #1

Hi,

I am using a mix of effects in the game World of Tanks. I have 4 active at the same time which are:
  • Adaptive Sharpen
  • DPX
  • LumaSharpen
  • MXAO

However, MXAO tends to flicker when I enable it. I'm not sure how these effects work and/or weather they disabled themselves on the games camera angle, but that seems to be the case. Sometimes MXAO disables itself with no trace of why. There doesn't seem to be a pattern :unsure: .

I know the game engine is quite old (it's 14 years old) although the devs have claimed to have "striped out its old parts", I don't believe them We're talking DX9 here and I think without DX10 components.

I am just looking for a reason as to why the effect flickers every few seconds (no pattern).

Oh, and btw, this injector is awesome. I've used it in many games, and it is most useful in this game due to the outdated graphics and blurriness so thanks :cheer: :cheer: .
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by GTXPlayer.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

RS 3.0.6 MXA0 flickering in World of Tanks 1 year 7 months ago #2

Ahh, it turns out that the game doesn't like it and changes it's refresh rate to 29 for whatever reason. When I fire my main weapon, the game crashes. I guess it doesn't like the effect :oops:

RS 3.0.6 MXA0 flickering in World of Tanks 1 year 7 months ago #3

MXAO is disabled/reenabled in quick succession because ReShade disables the depth buffer (which MXAO requires) every now and then due to the game being multiplayer for anti-exploitation purpose.
Cheers, crosire =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: GTXPlayer

RS 3.0.6 MXA0 flickering in World of Tanks 1 year 7 months ago #4

Ok, I understand. Thanks for clearing that up.

Oh and 1 more thing;
Do you know what language an injector like ReShade uses to function? I'm guessing it's some form of C.

Thanks again!
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by GTXPlayer.

RS 3.0.6 MXA0 flickering in World of Tanks 1 year 7 months ago #5

ReShade is written in C++.
The reference document for ReShade's shader/effect language is found here: github.com/crosire/reshade-shaders/blob/master/REFERENCE.md.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: GTXPlayer