Watch_Dogs 2 + Reshade 3 crashes after patch

• Echo
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #1 by Echo Watch_Dogs 2 + Reshade 3 crashes after patch was created by Echo
Hello,

Edit:
After I rolled back my graphical drivers from the latest 378.49 to the previous 376.33, the game runs with all Reshade-versions without any issues. So I think the main problem is the latest Nvidia-driver 378.49. Hope this helps you figuring out what's causing the crash.

Main post:
Since the new Watch_Dogs 2 patch (v.109.154.1001103) the game crashes on startup with the following message:

Here is the Event Viewer error information:
Warning: Spoiler!

I tried turning off the Anti-Cheat program using the following command in the short-cut: -eac_launcher, but the game still crashes. After removing Reshade's .dll file (dxgi.dll or dx3d11.dll) the game starts up with no issues, with or without the Anti-Cheat program. I also tried all previous Reshade-versions: from 1.1.0.963 to 3.0.6, all with the same crash/issue. The game looks washed out without Reshade :(

Thanks in advance for your time looking into this issue.

Echo

My Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit / Windows 10 Pro (latest build)
32GB RAM
Intel Core i7 6800K
MSI-GTX1070 (Driver#378.49)
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Echo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Genrix
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #2 by Genrix Replied by Genrix on topic Watch_Dogs 2 + Reshade 3 crashes after patch
I got a similar error with 378.49 :D
I tried using Reshade versions 0.19.2, 1.1.0, 2.0.3, 3.0, 3.0.6 and got crash WD2 at splash screen stage. This happened after update Nvidia Driver from 376.60 to 378.49.
Remove dxgi/d3d11 dll fix this ofc....
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by Genrix.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.