[!!! ]3.0.5-3.0.6 has broken hooking, 3.0.4 ok!

• v00d00m4n
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #1 by v00d00m4n [!!! ]3.0.5-3.0.6 has broken hooking, 3.0.4 ok! was created by v00d00m4n

v00d00m4n wrote: Cross, something majorly screwed in last few versions, I3.05 started to CTD for any game I tried if dxgi is used - GTAV launcher, Fallout 4, Watch Dogs 2 and so on. If I change dll to d3d10 or d3d11 game launches but there is no overlay and no effect applied, yet, log shows that everything is fine.

Worst part - you made shortsighted bad decision to remove previous releases, instead of keeping them in case something screwed, so we officially stuck with broken version and need to wait for new version. Maybe its time to do what many devs do and organize archive with history of every release since day one?

Win 10 version 1607 Build 14393.693 here

Found bootleg re-uploads of 3.04 - it works fine with GTA V, Fallout 4, Watch Dogs 2 and other games.
Problem is caused by one of these updates that needs to be reverted or revisited:

3.0.5:
•Added thread synchronization to hook installation again, but only in safe places to avoid a deadlock as previously
•Fixed input capturing not working in some applications using multiple parent/child window relationships
•Fixed effect parser not issuing an error if a variable in a function body has the same name as one of the parameters
•Fixed crash if "Consolas" font is not found (now falls back to default)
•Fixed correct OpenGL clip mode not set when rendering UI

3.0.6: •Fixed bug causing some D3D9 games to hang
•Fixed technique/variable filter not being applied after reloading
•Fixed invalid character reported in log when encountering unsupported OpenGL layered context type

I bet on thread synchronization to hook installation as problem seems to be related to hooking, that seems broken since 3.0.5.

This requires hotfix, because we really do have broken 3.0.5-3.0.6 for many games.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.