Selecting a shader causes Crash in SwapBuffers

• kung foo man
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #1 by kung foo man Selecting a shader causes Crash in SwapBuffers was created by kung foo man
Hey all,

I'm currently trying reshade for the first time and most shaders just worked. But some shaders cause a crash. Since I was debugging in Visual Studio, I got kinda useful screenshots:

ATM I can't test anything anymore, because everytime I launch the game, it will crash as soon the buggy shader is passed. I don't know yet in which config the activated shaders are saved (I hope somebody tells me ^^).

Would be best to actually fix the crash tho. When I can provide any extra information for bug fixing, please just ask for it.

Many regards,

kung foo man

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
7 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Selecting a shader causes Crash in SwapBuffers
Appears a nullptr is accessed somewhere (or to be more precise the field of an object with an offset of 0xC, but with the object pointer being a nullptr). Unfortunately it crashes inside the driver, which should not happen, ever. I would assume the Amd Glsl compiler doesn't produce valid code for one of ReShade's shaders (based on your description of the problem). It would be kinda hard to debug that though without knowing which exact shader causes crash (so the GLSL code ReShade creates could be analyzed) and since I don't own Amd hardware.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.