[SOLVED] Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by klotim Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll was created by klotim

Thaerryn wrote: Crosire
you are right once again ;-)

talking about Dragon Age Origins:
1) with AA ingame activated 8x --> no problem in using ReShade + SweetFx
2) with AA 8x forced via inspector --> game is corrupted and not playable

I still have one tech question though: how is possible that old SweetFx (up to 1.5) allowed me to use the Nvidia inspector AA Forced AND the shaders together, while "ReShade 0.14+SweetFX 2.0" do not allow this ?

More important: ReShade doesn't allow the use of forced AA for now (beta 0.14) or it wont be able to do it "for ever and ever" ?

Thanks

Thae

How did you get Dragon Age origins to work anyway?
With origin (disabled overlay) Everything I get with reshade/sweetfx is : missing msvcp110.dll and then, License incorrect d3d9.dll is missing blabla, So I took them from system32 (msvcp110.dll) and also installed latest redist.
Still no luck... I guess you use a pirated game? Because on Origin it doesn't even work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

klotim wrote: missing msvcp110.dll and then

www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #3 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

crosire wrote:

klotim wrote: missing msvcp110.dll and then

www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Thank you for your time but As i wrote, I already installed the redists and the one you linked is only asking for repair or uninstall. (using windows 8.1 here)

You can see the error here and also the installed files.
reshade.fx is below the last dll file.

The error says (in swedish) Error, license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

I got latest driver from nvidia and also latest from reshade/mastereffect.
I Disabled AA ingame.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by klotim.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
Alright sorry then. Let's try something else, because it appearently doesn't like the d3d9.dll wrapper method:

Instead of installing ReShade to the game directory, get some injector tool like the one from ENB , put it in the place you downloaded ReShade to and configure it like this:
[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=ReShade32.dll
[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=daorigins.exe
Now start up the tool and then start up the game. It will inject ReShade into the game as soon as it pops up, but without that Origin d3d9.dll check.

EDIT: Moved the topic to troubleshooting, I hope you don't mind =)
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #5 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

crosire wrote: Alright sorry then. Let's try something else, because it appearently doesn't like the d3d9.dll wrapper method:

Instead of installing ReShade to the game directory, get some injector tool like the one from ENB , put it in the place you downloaded ReShade to and configure it like this:

[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=ReShade32.dll
[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=daorigins.exe
Now start up the tool and then start up the game. It will inject ReShade into the game as soon as it pops up, but without that Origin d3d9.dll check.

EDIT: Moved the topic to troubleshooting, I hope you don't mind =)

Thank you for your help but It still doesn't help tho, weird. I'm familiar with injectors and wrappers since beginning of skyrim and I have no clue :/

I made sure to enable depth buffer output just to see if there is any effect at all but no difference.
Here's another pic how it's set up.

As you can see, no log file, nothing.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
No log = ReShade.dll not loaded.
Make sure ENBInjector is running the whole time and start the game after starting ENBInjector. Could also try to run it as administrator in case the game is running with elevated privileges.
EDIT: Oh, another possibility: Are you sure the game is 32 and not 64 bit?

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #7 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

crosire wrote: No log = ReShade.dll not loaded.
Make sure ENBInjector is running the whole time and start the game after starting ENBInjector. Could also try to run it as administrator in case the game is running with elevated privileges.
EDIT: Oh, another possibility: Are you sure the game is 32 and not 64 bit?

exactly my thought too.
Yepp, It was started with windows built in administrator with admin privileges before starting the game.

I will try with 64-bit in a hour or 2, got to go.
tho, the game is quite old and editing the exe file with cff explorer, it can only handle as much as <2gb, changed that for better stability with heavy textures (but it shouldn't interfere with reshade.)

EDIT:
Tried with reshade64, no difference. Tried 64 as a wrapper, the game started reshade didn't start... = no log.

EDIT2: ---- to see if it is origin that interferes with reshade but no luck. It gives this error instead: The application was unable to start correctly: (0xc000007b) which means that something is mixing up with 32 vs 64 bit. But the 64 one doesn't work at all.

Edit3: Tried with sweetfx only, it created a log but no effects from sweetfx.
here's the log:
full path: C:\Origin games\Dragon Age\bin_ship\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire. Reason: Removed problematic information

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
bump

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
Just noticed I actually own that game on Origin, so I'll download and check it out now. Could take a while though, internet speed isn't the best =).

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
So. Downloaded and installed Dragon Age: Origins via Origin, then downloaded ReShade 0.15.0 + SweetFX 2.0 from website, copied over the ReShade32.dll and renamed it d3d9.dll and also copied the SweetFX files. Started the game through Origin and voilĂ , everything working perfectly.

Any other injector running? Fraps? Dxtory? Origin overlay (thought it doesn't seem to work with this game, tried it here)? Afterburner? Game boosters? Anything changed via NVIDIA Inspector? Forced AA via NVIDIA/AMD driver panel?
Also, something is not right with your Visual C++ 2012 redistributable. Remove the files you copied from the system folder again, they aren't supposed to be there. Then uninstall the redistributable completly and download + install it from the Microsoft page again (The x86 version, because the game and thus ReShade is 32 bit).

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #11 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

crosire wrote: So. Downloaded and installed Dragon Age: Origins via Origin, then downloaded ReShade 0.15.0 + SweetFX 2.0 from website, copied over the ReShade32.dll and renamed it d3d9.dll and also copied the SweetFX files. Started the game through Origin and voilĂ , everything working perfectly.

Any other injector running? Fraps? Dxtory? Origin overlay (thought it doesn't seem to work with this game, tried it here)? Afterburner? Game boosters? Anything changed via NVIDIA Inspector? Forced AA via NVIDIA/AMD driver panel?
Also, something is not right with your Visual C++ 2012 redistributable. Remove the files you copied from the system folder again, they aren't supposed to be there. Then uninstall the redistributable completly and download + install it from the Microsoft page again (The x86 version, because the game and thus ReShade is 32 bit).

Eureka, No Idea how it started to work, But everything works perfectly. Thank you for you help!
I think it was the visual C++ that was the issue. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
Happy to hear that! =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• klotim
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #13 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

crosire wrote: Happy to hear that! =)

Is it possible to use DAO/reshade with GeDoSaTo?
If I enable reshade with it, the whole screen gets blurred.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #14 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll
GeDoSaTo and ReShade don't like each other very well currently. It works in some games, in others it doesn't, so you can just hope to get lucky.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.