Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: [SOLVED] Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #1

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
Thaerryn wrote:
Crosire
you are right once again ;-)

talking about Dragon Age Origins:
1) with AA ingame activated 8x --> no problem in using ReShade + SweetFx
2) with AA 8x forced via inspector --> game is corrupted and not playable

I still have one tech question though: how is possible that old SweetFx (up to 1.5) allowed me to use the Nvidia inspector AA Forced AND the shaders together, while "ReShade 0.14+SweetFX 2.0" do not allow this ?

More important: ReShade doesn't allow the use of forced AA for now (beta 0.14) or it wont be able to do it "for ever and ever" ?

Thanks

Thae

How did you get Dragon Age origins to work anyway?
With origin (disabled overlay) Everything I get with reshade/sweetfx is : missing msvcp110.dll and then, License incorrect d3d9.dll is missing blabla, So I took them from system32 (msvcp110.dll) and also installed latest redist.
Still no luck... I guess you use a pirated game? Because on Origin it doesn't even work.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #2

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
klotim wrote:
missing msvcp110.dll and then
www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #3

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
klotim wrote:
missing msvcp110.dll and then
www.microsoft.com/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Thank you for your time but As i wrote, I already installed the redists and the one you linked is only asking for repair or uninstall. (using windows 8.1 here)




You can see the error here and also the installed files.
reshade.fx is below the last dll file.

The error says (in swedish) Error, license incorrect missing d3d9.dll

I got latest driver from nvidia and also latest from reshade/mastereffect.
I Disabled AA ingame.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by klotim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #4

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
Alright sorry then. Let's try something else, because it appearently doesn't like the d3d9.dll wrapper method:

Instead of installing ReShade to the game directory, get some injector tool like the one from ENB, put it in the place you downloaded ReShade to and configure it like this:
[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=ReShade32.dll
[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=daorigins.exe
Now start up the tool and then start up the game. It will inject ReShade into the game as soon as it pops up, but without that Origin d3d9.dll check.

EDIT: Moved the topic to troubleshooting, I hope you don't mind =)
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by crosire.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #5

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
Alright sorry then. Let's try something else, because it appearently doesn't like the d3d9.dll wrapper method:

Instead of installing ReShade to the game directory, get some injector tool like the one from ENB, put it in the place you downloaded ReShade to and configure it like this:
[LIBRARY]
LibraryName=ReShade32.dll
[TARGETPROCESS]
ProcessName0=daorigins.exe
Now start up the tool and then start up the game. It will inject ReShade into the game as soon as it pops up, but without that Origin d3d9.dll check.

EDIT: Moved the topic to troubleshooting, I hope you don't mind =)

Thank you for your help but It still doesn't help tho, weird. I'm familiar with injectors and wrappers since beginning of skyrim and I have no clue :/

I made sure to enable depth buffer output just to see if there is any effect at all but no difference.
Here's another pic how it's set up.


As you can see, no log file, nothing.
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by klotim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #6

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
No log = ReShade.dll not loaded.
Make sure ENBInjector is running the whole time and start the game after starting ENBInjector. Could also try to run it as administrator in case the game is running with elevated privileges.
EDIT: Oh, another possibility: Are you sure the game is 32 and not 64 bit?
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by crosire.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #7

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
No log = ReShade.dll not loaded.
Make sure ENBInjector is running the whole time and start the game after starting ENBInjector. Could also try to run it as administrator in case the game is running with elevated privileges.
EDIT: Oh, another possibility: Are you sure the game is 32 and not 64 bit?

exactly my thought too.
Yepp, It was started with windows built in administrator with admin privileges before starting the game.

I will try with 64-bit in a hour or 2, got to go.
tho, the game is quite old and editing the exe file with cff explorer, it can only handle as much as <2gb, changed that for better stability with heavy textures (but it shouldn't interfere with reshade.)

EDIT:
Tried with reshade64, no difference. Tried 64 as a wrapper, the game started reshade didn't start... = no log.

EDIT2: ---- to see if it is origin that interferes with reshade but no luck. It gives this error instead: The application was unable to start correctly: (0xc000007b) which means that something is mixing up with 32 vs 64 bit. But the 64 one doesn't work at all.

Edit3: Tried with sweetfx only, it created a log but no effects from sweetfx.
here's the log:
full path: C:\Origin games\Dragon Age\bin_ship\
redirecting CreateDevice
initialising shader environment
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by crosire. Reason: Removed problematic information
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #8

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
bump
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #9

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
Just noticed I actually own that game on Origin, so I'll download and check it out now. Could take a while though, internet speed isn't the best =).
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #10

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
So. Downloaded and installed Dragon Age: Origins via Origin, then downloaded ReShade 0.15.0 + SweetFX 2.0 from website, copied over the ReShade32.dll and renamed it d3d9.dll and also copied the SweetFX files. Started the game through Origin and voilĂ , everything working perfectly.

Any other injector running? Fraps? Dxtory? Origin overlay (thought it doesn't seem to work with this game, tried it here)? Afterburner? Game boosters? Anything changed via NVIDIA Inspector? Forced AA via NVIDIA/AMD driver panel?
Also, something is not right with your Visual C++ 2012 redistributable. Remove the files you copied from the system folder again, they aren't supposed to be there. Then uninstall the redistributable completly and download + install it from the Microsoft page again (The x86 version, because the game and thus ReShade is 32 bit).
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by crosire.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #11

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
So. Downloaded and installed Dragon Age: Origins via Origin, then downloaded ReShade 0.15.0 + SweetFX 2.0 from website, copied over the ReShade32.dll and renamed it d3d9.dll and also copied the SweetFX files. Started the game through Origin and voilĂ , everything working perfectly.

Any other injector running? Fraps? Dxtory? Origin overlay (thought it doesn't seem to work with this game, tried it here)? Afterburner? Game boosters? Anything changed via NVIDIA Inspector? Forced AA via NVIDIA/AMD driver panel?
Also, something is not right with your Visual C++ 2012 redistributable. Remove the files you copied from the system folder again, they aren't supposed to be there. Then uninstall the redistributable completly and download + install it from the Microsoft page again (The x86 version, because the game and thus ReShade is 32 bit).

Eureka, No Idea how it started to work, But everything works perfectly. Thank you for you help!
I think it was the visual C++ that was the issue. Thanks!
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by klotim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: crosire

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #12

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
Happy to hear that! =)
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #13

  • klotim
  • klotim's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 66
  • Thank you received: 21
crosire wrote:
Happy to hear that! =)

Is it possible to use DAO/reshade with GeDoSaTo?
If I enable reshade with it, the whole screen gets blurred.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dragon Age: Origins license incorrect missing d3d9.dll 1 year 8 months ago #14

  • crosire
  • crosire's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Posts: 2453
  • Thank you received: 1393
GeDoSaTo and ReShade don't like each other very well currently. It works in some games, in others it doesn't, so you can just hope to get lucky.
Cheers, crosire =)
The administrator has disabled public write access.