UE4 game, think you just set logarithmic and reversed in the config file and that should do it but there are other factors and some games don't work well with ReShade's way to do depth buffer hooks from what I've read.
In the config file for ReShade it's this string.
RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=0
To this.
RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_UPSIDE_DOWN=0,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_REVERSED=1,RESHADE_DEPTH_INPUT_IS_LOGARITHMIC=1
Thanks, JBeckman -- I tried those, but still no go. It must be as you said that something else about the way the engine was implemented in that game is interfering with the depth buffer hooks.
The game already looks nice to start with, and with some SMAA and MagicBloom it looks even better. But you know how it is with us Reshaders -- we're always looking for more
I tried for a long time to find a depth buffer in that game. I found none. I tried at least 12 different hbao flags with Nvidia inspector too. I think there is no way.
It is really weird as unreal engine is usually working. Anyway I really liked that game.
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.
Essential Always on
Necessary for the operation of the website. These cookies cannot be disabled.
Functional
Enable convenient features and the storing of preferences.
Statistics
Help us understand how visitors use the website (audience measurement).
Marketing
Used for advertising and tracking visitors across websites.