Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade?

• Mkilbride
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 days ago - 7 years 2 days ago #1 by Mkilbride Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade? was created by Mkilbride
So, turning it off - no FPS cap. Turning it on, locked to 30FPS.

sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/7105/

I'm using this.

W10 64-bit
NVIDIA 1080 Ti

I even turned MSI AFterburner off. No improvement.

It's not simple performance reasons either...it worked @ 60FPS the first time I boosted it, but I had an issue and the game crashed. Now with it on, it's 30FPS. I tried deleting the configuration and putting a new one in. No go.
Last edit: 7 years 2 days ago by Mkilbride.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• moccor
More
7 years 4 hours ago #2 by moccor Replied by moccor on topic Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade?
I also have this problem. Running at 4K maxed with 60FPS+ (VSYNC on), using ReShade immediately drops FPS to 28-30 for no reason. Works fine when using ReShade @1080p. My GPU is a GTX 1070 so I have plenty of spare resources for 4K and Reshade. For reference, GTA5 and RE7 only drop FPS by like 3-5FPS when using ReShade, not 30+FPS loss

• Mkilbride
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 hours ago #3 by Mkilbride Replied by Mkilbride on topic Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade?
Glad it's not just me I guess. That preset looked really good too, it's a shame. Running it @ 5K myself.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #4 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade?
Running 5k means effects like MXAO are run at a much higher resolution than need be. At 4k MXAO can halve my framerate, while at 1080p it'll only reduce it by 10%. If you're running a game at 4k on a 1080p monitor, I'd imagine you should set MXAO to half or quarter frame to get some performance back.
I'm guessing it's either that or VSYNC limiting your framerate (Bayonetta has it on by default I believe.)

I can run the game in in max @1440p60 with my 1070 hybrid, and didn't have a frame drop at any point in the game according to afterburner.
The preset I made only uses LUT.fx, LumaSharpen.fx, and FilmGrain.fx. This is the setup I use for most games, and the performance drop is non-existent in every single situation.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• crosire
More
6 years 11 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade?
If you drop below 60 FPS (which at 4K is not unlikely if you were close to 60 FPS without ReShade already), the game might force a more agressive "VSync" frame cap at 30 FPS to avoid screen tearing.

• Mkilbride
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #6 by Mkilbride Replied by Mkilbride on topic Issue with Bayonetta - 30FPS cap with ReShade?
So never any solution to this? As I said it, worked just fine until I had a crash.

Also my GPU usage & CPU usage were both low.. I was running 5K easy peasy.

It's really sad if I can't use the preset. It looks good, but 5K DSR on my 1440p monitor - now that image clarity from that, is way too good to pass up.

@5K without the mod, in a heavy situation, GPU usage is anywhere from 60-70% max, usually below 40%. This is a 2010 game, afterall. CPU wise, I see 10-20% usage. (Really damn low...)

VRAM wise, I have 11.2GB and it's barely using like 3 @ 5K.

With the mod turned on - and my FPS capped to 30, my GPU usage is also directly halved to like 20% usage.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Mkilbride.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.