UNREAL Gold - ReShade only works while in settings

• r3dfield
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #1 by r3dfield UNREAL Gold - ReShade only works while in settings was created by r3dfield
I installed UNREAL Gold with DX10 renderer and tried to use RS 3.06 and 3.07. ReShade is loading effects - like usual, I open the control overlay and make my settings...works fine, all effects apply to the game in the background and I can toggle them on/off by pressing my desired toggle key.

BUT if I close my control overlay, it also turns off all my effects and I can't toggle them on/off anymore. If I open my settings overlay...effects show up again. Seems like the effects are tied to this overlay...what's wrong? Maybe it's because the games DX10 renderer, that is maybe overlapping the reshade effects and gets overlapped again by the reshade overlay?

Is there any way to change the effects layer priority or something?!

thx
r3d

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic UNREAL Gold - ReShade only works while in settings
I've been having the same issue with Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4. It seems that when I activate "Magic Bloom" effect that all effects get deactivated once the overlay disappears. Once I deactivate the Magic Bloom effect, all other effects work again! With Crysis 3, the problem somehow disappeared after a restart, but it could return of course. Out of curiosity, I created a new preset in Battlefield 4, test.ini, activated Magic Bloom and bam! same effect... It hasn't done this every single time, I HAD the overlay disabled and Magic Bloom activated, but at some point it stopped working...
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by brazzjazz.

• crosire
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic UNREAL Gold - ReShade only works while in settings
This is a known bug: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3149-3-...en-its-last-in-order . But it's not the shaders fault. A shader should never affect ReShade this way.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by crosire.

• brazzjazz
More
6 years 10 months ago #4 by brazzjazz Replied by brazzjazz on topic UNREAL Gold - ReShade only works while in settings

crosire wrote: This is a known bug: reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3149-3-...en-its-last-in-order . But it's not the shaders fault. A shader should never affect ReShade this way.

Okay, thanks!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.