Reshade will not work, no overlay, FFXIV

• Introvert Ant
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #1 by Introvert Ant Reshade will not work, no overlay, FFXIV was created by Introvert Ant
After following the instructions found on the main website, I have not been able to get reshade to work. I can install if and see the folders it creates, but when I try to run the game I want to use it for, the overlay never loads.

I believe I have chosen the correct .exe file as well as the correct Directx version (though I did delete the files and tried various combinations of .exe and Directx version, though after browsing some forums for the game itself, I found what I believe is the correct combination. I have since deleted the files and tried the new combination but it still does not work). The installation happens and gives me the ok that it has been installed. Again, after checking, I can see the files it created at the location of my game .exe file.

Here are some additional facts to take into account:

I play on PC.
All the drivers are updated for my computer.
No overlay programs were on while installing or trying to run the game and reshade.
The game I'm trying to use reshade with is Final Fantasy XIV (mmo).
I don't use steam to play it, I use the main client.
I have allowed both the game executable and reshade installation setup file to be run as admin.

Please help. Thank you.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Introvert Ant.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.