[SOLVED] Reshade 3.07+SweetFX and Dragons Dogma 21:9 UI Fix

• dzee349
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #1 by dzee349 Reshade 3.07+SweetFX and Dragons Dogma 21:9 UI Fix was created by dzee349
Hi there!

I recently installed Reshade 3.07 with SweetFX 2.0 for Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen (Ran Reshade exe, pointed to Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen exe, copied SweetFX 2.0 "SweetFX" folder and "Sweet.fx" file into the Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen folder), and the game has been looking fantastic. Unfortunately Dragon's Dogma's UI is not compatible with 21:9 screens, so I've had to also install a 21:9 UI fix for Dragon's Dogma that's been very effective. Unfortunately there's an issue:

Both Reshade and the 21:9 UI fix have d3d9.dll files.

I've tried renaming the Reshade d3d9.dll file to ReShade64.dll and adding the following to the d3d9.dll file that came with the 21:9 UI fix:

[Import.ReShade64]
Architecture=x64
Filename=ReShade64.dll
Role=ThirdParty
When=Early

Unfortunately, that doesn't trigger Reshade in-game. I would very much like a way to make these two d3d9.dll files work together, if anyone has any possible fixes to suggest or has gotten Reshade and the 21:9 UI fix to work together and can share what they did to achieve that, I would be incredibly grateful. Below is a screenshot of what my Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen folder currently looks like. I did notice that when applying Reshade to Dragon's Dogma, there was a d3d9.dll file added, but there wasn't a d3d9.ini file that was added; the only d3d9.ini file I have is from the 21:9 UI fix. Is it possible my d3d9.ini file is missing something important?
Thanks so much in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 10 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Reshade 3.07+SweetFX and Dragons Dogma 21:9 UI Fix

dzee349 wrote: *issue about two d3d9's*

Use an injector for one.

• dzee349
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago #3 by dzee349 Replied by dzee349 on topic Reshade 3.07+SweetFX and Dragons Dogma 21:9 UI Fix
Thanks for your reply! I actually somehow got it working with the two d3d9's, I must have messed something up the first time but now it's working with renaming one dll and adding the appropriate setting to the d3d9.dll. Thanks again!

• John1982
More
4 years 2 months ago #4 by John1982 Replied by John1982 on topic Reshade 3.07+SweetFX and Dragons Dogma 21:9 UI Fix
II'm trying to do the same, but nothing seems to work!! PLEASE HELP!!!! How do you even edit this text in a d3d9.dll file ? Please man, I need your help!!!

• John1982
More
4 years 2 months ago #5 by John1982 Replied by John1982 on topic Reshade 3.07+SweetFX and Dragons Dogma 21:9 UI Fix
I finally figured it out! You don't edit the .dll file, you need to edit the d3d9.ini file and instead of Architecture=x64 it should be Architecture=Win32 So, the whole thing you should enter in your d3d9.ini file is:

[Import.ReShade64]
Architecture=Win32
Filename=ReShade64.dll
Role=ThirdParty
When=Early

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.