error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8

• Iddqd
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1 by Iddqd error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8 was created by Iddqd
Hello! In opengl my shaders give
2017-07-23T20:49:33:897 [09492] | INFO | Compiling 'F:\ReShade\Last\reshade-shaders2\Shaders\GradientFX.fx' ...
2017-07-23T20:49:33:926 [09492] | ERROR | Failed to compile 'F:\ReShade\Last\reshade-shaders2\Shaders\GradientFX.fx':
0(26) : error C3012: invalid value '192' for layout qualifier 'binding'
F:\ReShade\Last\reshade-shaders2\Shaders\ReShade.fxh(57, 6): error: internal shader compilation failed
0(25) : error C3012: invalid value '192' for layout qualifier 'binding'
F:\ReShade\Last\reshade-shaders2\Shaders\GradientFX.fx(248, 8): error: internal shader compilation failed
Vertex info
0(26) : error C3012: invalid value '192' for layout qualifier 'binding'
(0) : error C2003: incompatible options for link

Fragment info
0(25) : error C3012: invalid value '192' for layout qualifier 'binding'
(0) : error C2003: incompatible options for link
F:\ReShade\Last\reshade-shaders2\Shaders\GradientFX.fx(414, 1): error: program linking failed

In 3.0.7 all works good
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Iddqd. Reason: Added some information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8
Post your shader code please.

• Iddqd
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by Iddqd Replied by Iddqd on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8
The problem is not in my shader, problem in other shaders.Can you give your email, i cant give link to shaders for public because it's have some proprietary shaders.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8
There is a contact form on the Impressum page linked at the bottom.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iddqd

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8
Alright, problem is that the way texture bindings are currently handled in the OpenGL renderer, there is a limit to the number of shaders that can be loaded simultanously (it increments the binding index globally for every texture in every shader it comes across, which quickly exhausts the maximum number of textures OpenGL allows to bind to the pipeline at the same time).
The error should go away if you delete some shader files you don't need. This should be solved properly, but for now that's the simplest workaround.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Iddqd

• Iddqd
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by Iddqd Replied by Iddqd on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8
Thanks, maybe should add info for shader number limits or display how many you can more add to render ( something like that int shaderCount = maxShaderCount - numberCurrentShaders), because DX also have limit to max shaders

• klotim
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #7 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8

crosire wrote: The error should go away if you delete some shader files you don't need. This should be solved properly, but for now that's the simplest workaround.

I reopen this thread again since it would be nice to make it work with Diablo 2, I succesfully made it work with Diablo 2 with Glide wrapper - making it compatible with opengl.

Everything works as expected except some error C3012 issues. Are you gonna fix the issue? ( it's been more than a year now... ) I would really appreciate it!
In the meanwhile I delete some shaders not needed...
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by klotim.

• crosire
More
5 years 5 months ago #8 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8
This is fixed in the upcoming ReShade 4.
The following user(s) said Thank You: klotim

• klotim
More
5 years 5 months ago #9 by klotim Replied by klotim on topic error C3012 ReShade 3.0.8

crosire wrote: This is fixed in the upcoming ReShade 4.

Amazing, thank you!

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.