[SOLVED] How to uninstall completely

• Sinnr
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #1 by Sinnr How to uninstall completely was created by Sinnr
So I decided to try ReShade on PUBG, didn't like it as it bugged my whole OS when closing PUBG nor i can't play CS anymore as it does not launch. I found some topic on forums here that told me which files to delete from the game folders. My worries are that there are some files deep in the windows system. How do i find every single file that ReShade createss so i can get my games to work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Glace
More
6 years 8 months ago #2 by Glace Replied by Glace on topic How to uninstall completely
I doubt there are any ReShade files deep inside your OS.. maybe it could have installed some DirectX stuff but I'm not familiar with ReShade in PUBG as I've only used ReShade in CS:GO.
Can you reply with your computer specs?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinnr

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to uninstall completely
The ReShade setup tool creates one DLL file in your game folder accompanied by a INI file. That DLL and INI can have one of the following names: d3d9.dll, dxgi.dll or opengl32.dll. In addition if you chose to download some shaders, it will creates a folder "reshade-shaders" and put a bunch of effect files inside. That's it. It does nothing else. It does neither add more files somewhere else, nor edit the registry, nor anything really.
If your games don't work even after deleting those files it's not ReShade's fault.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sinnr

• Sinnr
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by Sinnr Replied by Sinnr on topic How to uninstall completely
So I decided to fully delete every file i found, still no help, also tried reinstalling the whole game. This started right after installing the ReShade for PUBG. Are you sure there is no tracer cookies or binaries or anything in OS files or DirectX files

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic How to uninstall completely
Probably something else that updated. Windows has been updating recently and GeForce updated yesterday.

• crosire
More
6 years 8 months ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic How to uninstall completely

Sinnr wrote: Are you sure there is no tracer cookies or binaries or anything in OS files or DirectX files

Yes. If you don't believe me, it's open source: github.com/crosire/reshade/tree/master/setup

• Sinnr
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #7 by Sinnr Replied by Sinnr on topic How to uninstall completely
running windows 7 lmao :D could it be the reason?

• Sinnr
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #8 by Sinnr Replied by Sinnr on topic How to uninstall completely
Reason found:
Some reason ReShade had fucked my graphics drivers, simple reinstall worked

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.