DoesTheOverlayGetInjectedIntoThe .exe permanently?

• XR4zZor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #1 by XR4zZor DoesTheOverlayGetInjectedIntoThe .exe permanently? was created by XR4zZor
I got some questions about ReShade 3.0.x.
If I just copy the "reshade-shaders" folder the "dxgi.dll" and the "dxgi.ini" to another game (obviously got to change the directories in the .ini and the name of the .dll/.ini to the api the game uses) I can't see the Overlay and reshade is not working at all.
So I have to use the "ReShade Game Setup.exe" everytime to get the Overlay to work.

How does the Overlay get injected and where is it located?

Also noticed if I used the "ReShade Game Setup.exe" on a game once (ex. Mount & Blade: Warband) and I delete all reshade files that are in the games directory (reshade-shaders folder, d3d9.dll and d3d9.ini) and use an older reshade version (ReShade Assistant 1.0) then somehow the Overlay pops up with a lot of errors .

How can I fully delete the Overlay from a game?
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by XR4zZor. Reason: Better subject description

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• XR4zZor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #2 by XR4zZor Replied by XR4zZor on topic Where is the Overlay's directory?
Anyone ever going to reply? :(
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by XR4zZor.

• Ikarmue
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #3 by Ikarmue Replied by Ikarmue on topic Where is the Overlay's directory?
To delete an overlay, all you should have to do is delete the corresponding plugin file, at least in the latest version that I got. So, say you have a program that uses OpenGL, you'd find the "opengl32.dll" file in the game's root directory. Delete that, and ReShade is rendered inactive.

As for where the shaders themselves are located, there should be a folder that says "reshade-shaders" that has everything you're looking for.

As for the slow reply problem, I'm shocked there is barely a community here. You'd think there'd be an active community around something like ReShade, but oh well. Still waiting to figure out why ePSXE crashes when using the latest version...
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Ikarmue.

• XR4zZor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #4 by XR4zZor Replied by XR4zZor on topic Where is the Overlay's directory?

Ikarmue wrote: To delete an overlay, all you should have to do is delete the corresponding plugin file, at least in the latest version that I got. So, say you have a program that uses OpenGL, you'd find the "opengl32.dll" file in the game's root directory. Delete that, and ReShade is rendered inactive.

As for where the shaders themselves are located, there should be a folder that says "reshade-shaders" that has everything you're looking for.

As for the slow reply problem, I'm shocked there is barely a community here. You'd think there'd be an active community around something like ReShade, but oh well. Still waiting to figure out why ePSXE crashes when using the latest version...

Well, as I have already said if I delete all files that are used by reshade 3.0 (dxgi.dll, d3d9.dll or opengl32.dll and the folder reshade-shaders) and then use an older version (reshade 1.0) because reshade 3.0 causes the game to crash the overlay just appears with a bunch of errors even tho everything from reshade 3.0 is deleted in the games directory.

So the overlay must be somewhere else...or it gets injected into the .exe permanently, idk.

• XR4zZor
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #5 by XR4zZor Replied by XR4zZor on topic Where is the Overlay's directory?
I guess no one is ever going to help me :(

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.