[SOLVED] PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash

• Tidias
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 4 weeks ago #1 by Tidias PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash was created by Tidias
PCxs2 Emulator Reshade .16 crashes with directx 11.

Edit:
Apparently Reshade 0.16 will run with pcsx2 in directX 11 (software) rendering,but Crashes in directX 11 (Hardware) Rendering.

Tracelog
Last edit: 9 years 4 weeks ago by Tidias.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• QxiR
More
9 years 4 weeks ago #2 by QxiR Replied by QxiR on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
I have the same issue. Software rendering works but hardware rendering does not.

Tracelog

• paxton676
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #3 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
Yep, 0.16 crashes on me too.

Here is crash dump and tracelog

dropcanvas.com/6tt42
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by paxton676.

• crosire
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
Fixed in 0.17. =)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tidias, QxiR, kmoney2315

• Cloudbill
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #5 by Cloudbill Replied by Cloudbill on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
I still can't get reshade to work with DX11 hardware. It works fine with software but doesn't want to initialize with hardware.Doesn't crash PCSX2 just wont work with DX11 hardware.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #6 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash

Cloudbill wrote: I still can't get reshade to work with DX11 hardware. It works fine with software but doesn't want to initialize with hardware.Doesn't crash PCSX2 just wont work with DX11 hardware.

I'm unable to reproduce that unfortunately. Here's what I did:
  1. Downloaded and installed PCXS2.
  2. Copied ReShade32.dll to the folder where pcxs2.exe is in and renamed it to dxgi.dll.
  3. Bootet PCXS2, went to Configuration > Video > Plugin Settings and chose "Default Hardware Device" as adapter and "Direct3D11 (Hardware)" as renderer, then pressed OK.
  4. Loaded up some ROM and voilĂ , ReShade overlay appeared.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cloudbill

• Cloudbill
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #7 by Cloudbill Replied by Cloudbill on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
I switched the adapter from "AMD R7 Series" to "Default Hardware Device" and Reshade started working. That seems a little weird considering I have an MSI AMD R7 265 OC. It also seems that I can't toggle the effects on/off with the "scroll lock" key. I haven't changed any of the key assignments

• paxton676
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #8 by paxton676 Replied by paxton676 on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
As far as I know, there is no shader effects toggle with Reshade 0.17.

• crosire
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
There is, but the input system is buggy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cloudbill

• Boulotaur2024
More
9 years 2 weeks ago - 9 years 2 weeks ago #10 by Boulotaur2024 Replied by Boulotaur2024 on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
Is depth buffer access working at all for you guys ?
I remember trying really hard to get that working with GeDoSaTo in dx9 but no dice. It might be different in DX11 who knows... ?

EDIT : -answering my own question- No it doesn't work, as expected. Gsdx has a weird way of handling depth textures as far as I can remember.
Last edit: 9 years 2 weeks ago by Boulotaur2024.

• Cloudbill
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #11 by Cloudbill Replied by Cloudbill on topic PCxs2 Emualtor reshade .16 crash
It appears to be working in DX11. I haven't run into any issues with it. I only use it about once a week though so I haven't thoroughly check it.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.