[SOLVED] Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen

• NaughtyColt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #1 by NaughtyColt Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen was created by NaughtyColt
Heya. So I'm trying to use ReShade on Dragon Age Inquisition with a Razer 2015 (970m) laptop. I installed ReShade using the ReShade64.dll renamed to dxgi.dll and seem to get the popup and compiling message as expected. However immediately after that the screen goes blank(ish) where the top left quadrant is black and the other three are white. At this point the game hangs in that state till I kill it with the task manager.

I've tried with both windowed mode, borderless window, and fullscreen with the same results for each. Not exactly sure what to try at this point to troubleshoot the issue.

Posted the tracelog to pastebin at pastebin.com/JCMuJUZU
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by NaughtyColt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
Any overlays, game boosters, screen recorders, forced driver settings, or similar running?

• NaughtyColt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by NaughtyColt Replied by NaughtyColt on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
None. Disabled Origin in game overlay, disabled my antivirus just in case, no fraps, no forced settings. Stripped down to as minimal as possible.

Should ReShade work with Nvidia Optimus or does it have issues?

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #4 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
I'm developing on an Optimus laptop, so yeah, ReShade supports it =)
It looks like the pastebin doesn't show the full tracelog, the more interesting part is missing (probably because of pastebin's size restrictions), could you post that one too?
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by crosire.

• NaughtyColt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by NaughtyColt Replied by NaughtyColt on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
That's all of it actually. The log stops after...

20/03/2015 10:46:06:625 [03616] | INFO | > Installed 2 hook(s).
20/03/2015 10:46:06:652 [03616] | TRACE | > Returned device objects: 0000000045E275B0, 0000000042DCF5E0

because that's where the hang occurs and nothing continues after that point. I've let it sit for 15m before with no success.

What kind of card is in your laptop? The 970m seems to have some issues with the scaling to screen in this version of the Razer. The 2014 with the 870m didn't have issues.

• kgonepostl
More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
sounds sort of like the problem I had on my optimus laptop. Can you please try reshade on another dx11 game? Has to be dx11 based. Report back here when done.

• NaughtyColt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago #7 by NaughtyColt Replied by NaughtyColt on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
Exactly the same issue running lords of the fallen and another DX11 game. I tried it with Witcher 2 and interestingly enough it half worked. The screen was displaying half in a low resolution and half in all white.

With lords of the fallen the trace log has the same cut off at the same point.

• kgonepostl
More
9 years 1 month ago #8 by kgonepostl Replied by kgonepostl on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
from what I understand this bug is unfixable. You can work around it by running the game in windowed mode or borderless windowed though. Or you can use the 10.0 release which uses an entirely different hooking method.

• crosire
More
9 years 1 month ago #9 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen

NaughtyColt wrote: I tried it with Witcher 2 and interestingly enough it half worked. The screen was displaying half in a low resolution and half in all white.

Ehm, that means you are using the example shader. That one is for shader developers. You would want the ReShade + SweetFX pack instead.

• NaughtyColt
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #10 by NaughtyColt Replied by NaughtyColt on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
Ok. Downloaded the SweetFX version and Witcher 2 worked with that and naming ReShade32.dll to d3d9.dll. Still getting the same results with DAI though. And tried in borderless window mode and still hangs at the same place with the same results in the trace log.

I tried version .10 and that seemed to work letting DAI launch.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by NaughtyColt.

• NaughtyColt
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 11 months ago #11 by NaughtyColt Replied by NaughtyColt on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
Just an update. With the 18.4 reshade build renaming the dll to d3d11.dll for Dragon Age Inquisition now works on the 970m optimus laptop. So whatever you did recently fixes it. Thanks!

• N7
More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #12 by N7 Replied by N7 on topic Dragon Age Inquisition and 970m black/white screen
I have the same problem . I also have tried to create d3d11.dll instead of using dxgi because on my system maybe only 1 game works with dxgi.dll

heres is log with d3d11

pastebin.com/mtsTbwNx

heres is log with dxgi
pastebin.com/AQfu4hVQ

for some reason ReShade 0.11.0 Public Beta with SweetFX 2.0 Preview works great
Last edit: 8 years 6 months ago by N7.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.