Anyway to reset Shaders to default position?

• Gamesturbator
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by Gamesturbator Anyway to reset Shaders to default position? was created by Gamesturbator
The shaders' settings slider is kind of hard to move with any precision with my mouse. I've goofed up some setting so deleted the shader folder and the dxgi.dll file but every time I reinstall Reshader the old settings (the wrong ones) are still present when I start up my game. All I can think to do is search the registry for all references and delete them, but seems an impractical thing to keep having to do. So is there a way to reset individual shaders (like FakeHDR.FX, AdaptiveSharpen.FX, etc.) to their default positions? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• crosire
More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic Anyway to reset Shaders to default position?
Delete all preset files from the game folder, start the game again and create a new preset. That preset will have all values reset to the default. You could now restore your old presets and copy over values you wan't to keep.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic Anyway to reset Shaders to default position?
To reset just one shader, you can also go into the preset file and delete it's entry.

• Gamesturbator
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #4 by Gamesturbator Replied by Gamesturbator on topic Anyway to reset Shaders to default position?
By preset file do you mean the .ini file? Tried that, too, but it appears the setting remain unchanged; for instance, the adaptivesharpen setting was still way off, indicating the values still persisted. I feel like I am missing something obvious.
Thanks for the help, folks.

Side Note:
Before posting this thread I tried copying over a whole new batch of them from a folder containing unaltered original files but when I go into my specific game (PUBG) the settings remain the same.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Gamesturbator.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.