Fallout 4 CTD on startup

• bean green
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #1 by bean green Fallout 4 CTD on startup was created by bean green
Hi,

I've been trying to add ENB + ReShade to Fallout 4, but the game black screens and crashes to desktop on launch. I've tried different ways and versions having looked at a bunch of different posts about the same problem - most say a common problem is an overlay or background app but I don't believe I have any of these, and ending pretty much every background process in task manager didn't work.

I've tried the latest installer version and a manual install of framework 1.1.0f1 (including renaming ReShade64.dll to dxgi.dll), both on a fresh install.

Please let me know if you can help or if you need me to post logs etc! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Chris S
More
6 years 7 months ago #2 by Chris S Replied by Chris S on topic Fallout 4 CTD on startup
It appears this only started since the most recent patch.

Renaming it to d3d11.dll works.

Unfortunately there is a very useful load accelerator mod which uses a custom d3d11 as well. It will crash as dxgi.dll with or without it.

Used to work fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bean green

• Chris S
More
6 years 7 months ago #3 by Chris S Replied by Chris S on topic Fallout 4 CTD on startup
Wait, it's just because of 'optimus' mode.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.