Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: a kind soul helping an absolute newbie?

a kind soul helping an absolute newbie? 1 year 3 months ago #1

hey, would someone please be kind enough to help me here? I am pretty new to gaming and computers and everything at all. I downloaded re-shade & went through the set up tool etc, now I usually play over the PS4 but discovered that it should be possible to use reshade if I use PS4 remote play. so when I open remote I get this image, which tells me I probably did it right, reshade and the PS4 Remote seem to be connected

....however this is where my understanding of everything leaves me. :oops: I open the game I am playing ( FF14 ) and try to open Reshade, but shift + F2 doesn't seem to work ( for the record my keyboard is European maybe that is the problem ? ) I am also not sure which keyboard to use - the one from my laptop, or my USB keyboard, connected to the PS4?

I know this must sound so stupid & I guess the solution is probably easy as hell .3. but please consider, I play for less than a year and never touched any games before ! I am really, an absolute newbie !
The administrator has disabled public write access.

a kind soul helping an absolute newbie? 1 year 3 months ago #2

Install ReShade to the game, not whatever that program is.

a kind soul helping an absolute newbie? 1 year 3 months ago #3

long story short: it won't work. period.

a game has to be rendered on the local machine for reshade to have access to the rendering data. what you're getting with ps4 remote play is exactly what the name suggests - remote play. games are being rendered on your console, then streamed to the pc.

you would have to play a pc version of FF14, that's the only way to use reshade. that particular game doesn't have a perfect compatibility, so some effects may not work - hard to tell without actually testing it.