Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Max Payne 2 with ReShade 3 does not work

Max Payne 2 with ReShade 3 does not work 6 months 4 days ago #1

I remember Max Payne 2 working with ReShade Bet a 0.19.x buut now cant get it to work at all. First of all I don't understand why DX8 would be removed and is completely unclear how to make it work with dx9. I used REshade on the .exe but there is no indication taht it is working and Shift+F2 has no effect. I also tired adding the d3d8.dll file with no change. I have no idea if this is correct as there is no documentation I can find. Games section list the games as Perfect yet it doesn't work at all. What is the proper way to set up ReShade in this case?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Max Payne 2 with ReShade 3 does not work 6 months 4 days ago #2

• crosire
  • Thank you received: 1756
Use d3d8to9 and install ReShade with Direct3D 9 selected. You will then have a d3d8.dll and a d3d9.dll in the fame directory.
d3d8t9 used to be build into ReShade but was removed and made standalone because it was open sourced before ReShade was.
Cheers, crosire =)
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by crosire.

Max Payne 2 with ReShade 3 does not work 6 months 4 days ago #3

What does "Use d3d8to9" mean exactly? I already placed it in the .exe directory of the game but like I said it still doesn't work (no reshade in game). And yes I do have both d3d8.dll and a d3d9.dll in the same dir as the games .exe

Max Payne 2 with ReShade 3 does not work 6 months 4 days ago #4

d3d8to9 converts DX8 games to DX9 and makes reshade working, Reshade is not working on vanilla DX8, you need DX8 to DX9 converter
Last Edit: 6 months 4 days ago by vladzor.

Max Payne 2 with ReShade 3 does not work 5 months 4 weeks ago #5

Of course I used the file from the github link, it made no difference, no indication reshade is working whatsoever.