VULKAN API

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1 by Mike Gous VULCAN API was created by Mike Gous
The new Wolfenstein II The New Colossus uses Vulkan API and therefore Reshade (of any version) will not work.
Is there any chance that Reshade will work with it some time in the future?
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Mike Gous.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• budyll
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #2 by budyll Replied by budyll on topic VULCAN API
Best part is that it was working perfectly fine in Vulkan mode in DOOM when played it last month. DOOM is also using the identical version of ID Tech 6 that Wolfenstein II is using.
Shame that for whatever reason it isn't working. While Wolfenstein The New Order looked great out of the box, Wolfenstein II has some serious "foggy" filter to its graphics which makes everything TERRIBLY washed out :/.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by budyll.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #3 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
(1) Thanks. What version of Reshade did you use and did you work with OpenGl?
(2) I agree the game looks sometimes very washed out.
(3) Another problem is that I cannot do a screencapture. I have even tried MSI Afterburner.
(4) Fraps refuse to load and "Print Screen" gives me just a black screen.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
I have "Googled" quite a bit and everywhere they say that Reshade and even the old SweetFx is not working with this game.
If more game makers go over to this Vulkan API it can cause big problems for all the Reshade gamers. :(

• budyll
More
6 years 5 months ago #5 by budyll Replied by budyll on topic VULCAN API

Mike Gous wrote: I have "Googled" quite a bit and everywhere they say that Reshade and even the old SweetFx is not working with this game.
If more game makers go over to this Vulkan API it can cause big problems for all the Reshade gamers. :(

Still, I don't have DOOM currently installed, but I finally bought it last month and it was only working for me in Vulkan mode. Weirdly, ReShade was working for me.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #6 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
Ok, I understand that Reshade worked for you in Doom, but my problem here is with Wolfenstein II The New Colossus.
Let us concentratrate on this game. Me and many guys on the internet have tried to let Reshade and even SweetFx work with this game, with no luck.
The best is to wait for other people on this forum who is also playing this game to confirm my findings.
Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

• demolisher
More
6 years 5 months ago #7 by demolisher Replied by demolisher on topic VULCAN API
You can launch game in opengl mode with +r_renderapi 0, but it still ignores reshade. at least for me

• BlueSkyKnight
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #8 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic VULCAN API

demolisher wrote: You can launch game in opengl mode with +r_renderapi 0, but it still ignores reshade. at least for me

Ya, I had this problem. Turned out it was my sound card software that was keeping reshade from working in doom. Since the Sonar Has some kind of overlay. Make sure all overlays are disabled when using reshade.

+r_renderapi 0 works for DOOM. But, not for Wolfenstine. You can also change the API in-game in the settings.
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by BlueSkyKnight.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #9 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
BlueSkyKnight wrote:
You can also change the API in-game in the settings.

I cannot find that setting, sorry. Please give more particulars.
I am speaking of the game Wolfenstein, or are you referring to Doom.

• BlueSkyKnight
More
6 years 5 months ago #10 by BlueSkyKnight Replied by BlueSkyKnight on topic VULCAN API

Mike Gous wrote: BlueSkyKnight wrote:
You can also change the API in-game in the settings.

I cannot find that setting, sorry. Please give more particulars.
I am speaking of the game Wolfenstein, or are you referring to Doom.

Ya, I am referring to DOOM.

Adding +r_renderapi 0 to Wolfenstein does nothing.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #11 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
Ok guys, thanks for the input.
Now back to my question right at the beginning: "Will Reshade work with Vulcan API in the foreseeable future?"
I think Crosire is maybe the only man that can give us an answer here. Let us hear from the great man. :)

• crosire
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #12 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic VULCAN API

Mike Gous wrote: Will Reshade work with Vulkan API in the foreseeable future?

See reshade.me/forum/suggestions/3687-vulkan#24500 and reshade.me/forum/troubleshooting/3674-re...wolfenstein-ii#24501
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by crosire.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #13 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
Oops!

• WalterDasTrevas
More
6 years 5 months ago #14 by WalterDasTrevas Replied by WalterDasTrevas on topic VULCAN API
You are right, it would be good to have this compatibility, but remember that they have their own lives to care for work, pay the bills, and with luck, enjoy their hobbies.
Regrettably I do not have any technical knowledge on the subject.
Let's hope for someone with free time take up the challenge.

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #15 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
@ CROSIRE
Thanks for the feedback. At the beginning Reshade did not work with OpenGl, but you put your foot down and eventually to the happiness of many gameplayers it did work. That was a day that I cheered!
It appears that this Vulcan is a mean bastard and that it can take a long time (and a lot of work) to break. There should not be many persons who has the knowledge or determination to do this.
You say you still have the Vulkan hooking code lying around. Is it not possible that you and more people (CeeJay, Marty McFly and others) stand together and make the workload lighter. I am just asking.
I see that this can be a big challenge, but you will have the gratitude of your supporters forever if you can pull this off.

• Qsimil
More
6 years 5 months ago #16 by Qsimil Replied by Qsimil on topic VULCAN API
This is the saddest message for me for this year :(

• Mike Gous
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #17 by Mike Gous Replied by Mike Gous on topic VULCAN API
Crosire is the best man to do this challenging work, but as he said it is too labour intensive and even if other people can help him to make the workload less, it will not be an easy task.
The big problem is that more game developers may change over to the Vulcan API and at the end of the day game players will sit with a lot of games that look up to maggotts.
We must just trust that somewhere decisions will be made to rectify this matter. :)

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.