DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8!

• Nanocrystal
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #1 by Nanocrystal DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8! was created by Nanocrystal
Good Afternoon,

Since a couple of months RS always crashes in Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. Previously, this occured only with RS 2.0 - but now, it also occurs with RS 3.0 (with the latest version 3.0.8 ). In the beginning, I thought it was because my Windows was messed up. But now, after I freshly reinstalled Windows 7 SP1 (with all updates installed), this problem is still there and even with the latest RS version!

I installed RS 3.0.8 by the book (running RS executable -> selecting the Game's executable -> selecting "DX10+" -> loading standard RS shader and texture libraries) and then started the game... CTD without even a game window opening/the game starting and not even an error message (I only know the game has crashed, because a minidump file is created in the DXHR folder just a few seconds later...)

Plz help :(

NC
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Nanocrystal.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Nanocrystal
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #2 by Nanocrystal Replied by Nanocrystal on topic DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8!
Sorry fur bumping, but can I expect any help here? It's been over 2 days, since opened this topic...

Both RS 2.0 and 3.0 worked almost flawlessly in DXHR-DC (also in harmony with Steam Overlay and EVGA Precision XOC). Later, RS 2.0 didn't work anymore, but RS 3.0 still did! But since a couple of months, RS 3.0 also does not work anymore - I can't help but think it might have something to do with the last Release(s) (3.0.7, 3.0.8 ). It's very unlikely that either Steam Overlay, PXOC or a newer graphics driver is causing this conflict... (albeit still possible)

NC
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Nanocrystal.

• lowenz
More
6 years 5 months ago #3 by lowenz Replied by lowenz on topic DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8!
For me it's working perfectly.

• Nanocrystal
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #4 by Nanocrystal Replied by Nanocrystal on topic DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8!

lowenz wrote: For me it's working perfectly.

Right now, I've tried it again by disabling Steam Overlay, EVGA Precision XOC and Twitch - it didn't help either!

A minidump file gets created immediately after each crash and I've analyzed it's content multiple times - the error code and error description is always the same:

0xC0000005

"the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access "

Is this a known error type for ReShade?

NC

• demolisher
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #5 by demolisher Replied by demolisher on topic DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8!
Having exact same issue! None of reshade version works anymore for me. And it worked just fine half year ago, not sure what causes this.
EDIT: It works now. I set .exe compatibility to Windows 7 and start as Admin.
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by demolisher.

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.