Welcome, Guest.
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8!

DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8! 11 months 1 week ago #1

Good Afternoon,

Since a couple of months RS always crashes in Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut. Previously, this occured only with RS 2.0 - but now, it also occurs with RS 3.0 (with the latest version 3.0.8 ). In the beginning, I thought it was because my Windows was messed up. But now, after I freshly reinstalled Windows 7 SP1 (with all updates installed), this problem is still there and even with the latest RS version!

I installed RS 3.0.8 by the book (running RS executable -> selecting the Game's executable -> selecting "DX10+" -> loading standard RS shader and texture libraries) and then started the game... CTD without even a game window opening/the game starting and not even an error message (I only know the game has crashed, because a minidump file is created in the DXHR folder just a few seconds later...)

Plz help :(

NC
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Nanocrystal.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8! 11 months 1 week ago #2

Sorry fur bumping, but can I expect any help here? It's been over 2 days, since opened this topic...

Both RS 2.0 and 3.0 worked almost flawlessly in DXHR-DC (also in harmony with Steam Overlay and EVGA Precision XOC). Later, RS 2.0 didn't work anymore, but RS 3.0 still did! But since a couple of months, RS 3.0 also does not work anymore - I can't help but think it might have something to do with the last Release(s) (3.0.7, 3.0.8 ). It's very unlikely that either Steam Overlay, PXOC or a newer graphics driver is causing this conflict... (albeit still possible)

NC
Last Edit: 11 months 1 week ago by Nanocrystal.

DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8! 11 months 1 week ago #3

For me it's working perfectly.

DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8! 11 months 6 days ago #4

lowenz wrote:
For me it's working perfectly.

Right now, I've tried it again by disabling Steam Overlay, EVGA Precision XOC and Twitch - it didn't help either!

A minidump file gets created immediately after each crash and I've analyzed it's content multiple times - the error code and error description is always the same:

0xC0000005

"the thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access "

Is this a known error type for ReShade?

NC

DX:HR - DC Crash to Desktop with RS 3.0.8! 10 months 2 weeks ago #5

Having exact same issue! None of reshade version works anymore for me. And it worked just fine half year ago, not sure what causes this.
EDIT: It works now. I set .exe compatibility to Windows 7 and start as Admin.
Last Edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by demolisher.