ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender

• CyberDracula
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #1 by CyberDracula ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender was created by CyberDracula
I tried install the newest version of ReShade but my BitDefender antivirus keeps blocking and deleting the installation file.
In the BitDefender activity log it registers as a Gen:Suspicious.Cloud.2.9p0@aie7sc
Do any of you have this issue? is the last version safe?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 4 months ago #2 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender
It's safe. Started using today.

For reasons like this, I just use the default Windows Defender antivirus. The others like Bitdefender and Avast are overbearing mothers.

• crosire
More
6 years 4 months ago #3 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender
Some antivirus flag files that are new and therefore have no widespread usage with the users of that antivirus as suspicious. You can either wait a few weeks for the antivirus to realize the file has a large userbase and is totally safe, or run it through VirusTotal and see the same, or notice that ReShade is open source anyway, or just trust that it's safe (which it is).

• Tyorkin
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #4 by Tyorkin Replied by Tyorkin on topic 3.1
Hello, my antivirus immediately removes 3.1 reshade, reshade 3.08 c everything is fine.
3.08 www.virustotal.com/ru/file/924a79b9d71f1...c7d9d4a5a1/analysis/
3.1 www.virustotal.com/ru/file/a64eaecfeb24a...d7986abdcb/analysis/
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Tyorkin.

• demonr6
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #5 by demonr6 Replied by demonr6 on topic 3.1
Kaspersky is deleting this immediately as a virus with

Trojan.Win32.Shelma.vnx
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by demonr6.

• demonr6
More
6 years 4 months ago #6 by demonr6 Replied by demonr6 on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender
Kaspersky is also detecting it as a virus.

• crosire
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #7 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender
I can reproduce this now.

It started to happen with the following changes: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/975994...bd121d57aad3c7fcc0d8 .
Not sure what's going on here. I managed to fix a few AntiVirus software from raising the alarm with the following changes: github.com/crosire/reshade/commit/067134...8af147eb6e648ea72cc2 . Uploaded a build with that in. Kaspersky still doesn't like it though.

www.virustotal.com/#/file/518b6c337519a5...ae60c157f9/detection

Thanks for reporting!
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by crosire.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CyberDracula

• FierySwordswoman
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #8 by FierySwordswoman Replied by FierySwordswoman on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender

crosire wrote: Kaspersky still doesn't like it though.

Well Kaspersky somehow accidentally sent some classified NSA documents over to their HQ in Russia when the NSA agent using it tried to pirate Microsoft Office and got some malware.

Surprised Avast didn't have a fit. That one locked down my whole PC when I tried installing a nightly build of GIMP...
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by FierySwordswoman.

• SVK
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #9 by SVK Replied by SVK on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender
Hi. Any progress about the Kaspersky problem?
My Kaspersky AV still blocks the download and version 3.0.8 crashes Assassines Creed Origins since I´m using a new Windows... don´t know why, but it looks like the new reshade files (dxgi.dll) dosn´t fit / work any more :blink:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by SVK.

• crosire
More
6 years 4 months ago #10 by crosire Replied by crosire on topic ReShade 3.1.0 and Bitdefender
This was their response:

Hello,

Sorry, it was a false detection. It will be fixed.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
[...], Malware Analyst, Kaspersky Lab

We use cookies
We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the forum. You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.